ROM Hack Grand Theft Auto Auto San Andreas – The Definitive Edition - Graphics / Options Mod

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Update #6 [28.11.2021]
  • Slightly increased image brightness
  • Reduced the resolution of shadows from light sources, but increased the Resolution Scale
  • Slightly reduced Depth Bias of shadows from lights
  • Reduced flickering when using TAA anti-aliasing
  • Filtering of NormalMap and Specular textures returned to linear
    • It was a mistake to set anisotropic in previos update, it affected performance
  • Some other small changes

Update #5 [26.11.2021]
  • Slightly reduced the density of cars for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Increased draw distance of vehicles for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Slightly reduced draw distance of large objects for all presets of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the intensity of moon / sun light
Mod has been updated twice. Available in the first post.
I think this is the last update, I will continue to update it only for the next official patches without changes (if I can).

92tt1292

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a step to step guide on where to put the mod files on the switch, do I need telsa overlay? Thanks

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update #6 [28.11.2021]
  • Slightly increased image brightness
  • Reduced the resolution of shadows from light sources, but increased the Resolution Scale
  • Slightly reduced Depth Bias of shadows from lights
  • Reduced flickering when using TAA anti-aliasing
  • Filtering of NormalMap and Specular textures returned to linear
    • It was a mistake to set anisotropic in previos update, it affected performance
  • Some other small changes

Update #5 [26.11.2021]
  • Slightly reduced the density of cars for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Increased draw distance of vehicles for all presets of the "Simulation Scale" option
  • Slightly reduced draw distance of large objects for all presets of the "Graphics Quality" option
  • Slightly increased the intensity of moon / sun light
Mod has been updated twice. Available in the first post.
I think this is the last update, I will continue to update it only for the next official patches without changes (if I can).
Does it works with 1.0.2 of the game?

samarston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you such an asshole to everyone?
It has nothing to do with that. Overclocking the switch already has another thread of its own. In that same logic, this thread should also include how to hack your switch in case you didn't know. It's nonsense. A simple google search goes a long way.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-clk-under-overclocking-sysmodule.531372/
I just got this by searching "gbatemp switch overclock" on Google, let alone many other YouTube tutorials. See? It's not too hard.

Bartho1omeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm kinda sceptical about overclocking the switch, I'm now playing on 1.02 'cause that version is the only version with cheats for edizon on it. I want to experience the 'vanilla' version of the game like it was back on the xbox in th early days. Does anyone have any advice on to overclock your switch or not? I don't want any damage done to my battery and hardware. Another question that I have is if it's even worth all the effort and potential risk of losing hardware quality?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda sceptical about overclocking the switch, I'm now playing on 1.02 'cause that version is the only version with cheats for edizon on it. I want to experience the 'vanilla' version of the game like it was back on the xbox in th early days. Does anyone have any advice on to overclock your switch or not? I don't want any damage done to my battery and hardware. Another question that I have is if it's even worth all the effort and potential risk of losing hardware quality?
In my opinion, I have no problem overclocking the Switch, as long as you watch the temps, and I as rule I try to stay below 65. I believe sys-clk is a great O/C tool and makes gaming so much better on games that just "lag". Run the game with little increments above stock in sys-clk for few minutes, then check temps, if temps ok, then increase O/C more. Each time you enter "Homebrew Menu" will show your temps. I have O/C for years w many games and have had no issues, so to each they own, but I'd rather enjoy my games Now!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I usually go with:
gpu: 460 mhz - (max 537 mhz)
Cpu: stock clocks
Ram: 1600 mhz

This keeps my temps below 50 degrees (celsius). To overclock above 460 mhz for gpu in handheld, my understanding is that it is enabled only when using an external power source (powerbank or official charger). Not sure if this has changed. This level of overclocking has felt safe for me, and produces good enough results (especially 537mhz) with minimal increases to thermals. Not sure if there's been a workaround for overclocking gpu beyond 460mhz without an external power source. Also, FYI some games run officially at 460 mhz (gpu) in handheld, i believe that is the max permitted gpu speed for games in handheld (officially). If nintendo allows it, im pretty sure it's safe to overclock at least to 460 mhz. Imo it is worth it for some games.

Edit: this is for handheld mode. I rarely play docked mode

Last edited by onibaku,
Reactions: Bartho1omeus

gutop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hey Guys, I have a Problem here. I have Switch Version 13.1.0 with the right Atmosphere Version.
Tesla and Sys-elk seems to be working fine, I can change my Overclock settings(at least 384mhz GPU freq.) and it affects the System Values in the System Information on both of them(Edizon and Sys-elk overlay). But when I want to start, one of the Games that I modded with this GraphicMod, it crashes at start.The same with Vice City an d'GTA 3.(with the right Graphic Mods and up to date) Can somebody help me? Thanks :)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, I have a Problem here. I have Switch Version 13.1.0 with the right Atmosphere Version.
Tesla and Sys-elk seems to be working fine, I can change my Overclock settings(at least 384mhz GPU freq.) and it affects the System Values in the System Information on both of them(Edizon and Sys-elk overlay). But when I want to start, one of the Games that I modded with this GraphicMod, it crashes at start.The same with Vice City an d'GTA 3.(with the right Graphic Mods and up to date) Can somebody help me? Thanks :)
You must have these games overclocked to atleast 384 GPU, in handheld before starting game, to even boot. It's in description of first page of the graphic mod requirements. Open the Homebrew menu and goto "sys-clk" app, then edit profile for each game with GPU set to 384 Handheld, then save, exit and then start game. It was this mod that cause crash for me:

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Amirgh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello