Grand Theft Auto 4 Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by poisonousj, Apr 8, 2008.

Apr 8, 2008
  1. poisonousj
    OP

Member poisonousj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just read about GTA4's multiplayer aspect and getting pretty psyched.
    IGN.com GTA IV Multiplayer Hands-On

Sounds like it's going to be awesome, but the best game modes (Cops 'n Robbers) looks like it will require real teamwork. Now anyone who's familar with XBL knows most of the time when you join random games, there is no teamwork going on. Just shouting & cursing.

I want to compile a list of XBL Gamertags of GBATemp members who are interested in playing GTA4.

Leave a comment with your Gamertag if you're interested in playing with like-minded people [​IMG]

If there's interest, I'll update this first post with other people's Gamertag to keep a handy list. Also, be sure to say you're from GBATemp when you add me or others so we know who you are!

XBL Gamertags:
    poisonousjuice
    MC DUI
    Nerelas
    HerbSurgeon
    unris
    salamantis
    shiny 45
    jaxxster
    lenselijer
    I Soopy I
    Madblood757
    DecoyOcto
    jonny suave
    mandiller

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I really enjoyed the multiplayer of the first game (serial cable "network" no less).

Xbox live though is for me a bigger waste of money than the time I rented the last film in the matrix trilogy so unless one of my friends decides to get the game (in which case I will add something here) I will be missing out.

3. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    can you take local multiplayer online, like 4 friends in the same room making up a team

4. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    pfft id like to say me but recently xbox live hasnt really intrested me. And i doubt ill waste mytime playing multiplayer when i could rather play story mode.

5. poisonousj
    OP

United States
    not sure. I doubt it will have split screens like Halo 3. Probably too much stuff going on. Supposedly you'll get to play multiplayer throughout the entire city, up to 16 people, not just specific maps.

6. sean0007

Newcomer sean0007 Advanced Member

Canada
    Completely agree with poisonousj. I've been following the game on IGN for a while now and so far no mention of local multiplayer. You can play in the entire city for multiplayer (its accessed through your ingame cell phone and you can mess around until the game is full of players and connected). Its mentioned in IGN source posted above.

Edit: Typo.

7. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I am going to be playing GTA IV online SO much. I can not wait for this game!

Now I just need to find some cheap Gold Access [​IMG]

8. poisonousj
    OP

United States
    [​IMG]
    This lucky dude already has the game! [​IMG]
    and his 360 has a mustache! even more reason to be jealous.

9. yus786

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    ebay mate, £24.50 for 12 months i think

ive got a spare one if you want? yours for £25 [​IMG]

pm me

yus786

10. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Maybe we can start hopin' for an early dump (although unlikely). [​IMG]

11. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well I will be online day one. Got my blank dvd+r dl ready, already labeled GTA IV, ready to burn [​IMG]

12. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I'll be all over GTA4 when it lands, an early leak is inevitable. Won't be online myself much though but I can't wait to get stuck into the game and chat about it here!
    First game I've been really wrapped in the hype for in a long time!

Afaik for mp theres 16 player max, this could be 4x4vs4, 8vs8, even 15vs1. When Saint's Row came out me and other staff and members made a clan and it was seriously crazy fun. The game modes were great, the action was chaotic and overall we had a blast, minimal lag too post patch. GTA4's MP is bound to outdo SR's and then some, gonna be epic. Surely the defining game of this gen.

Already people are predicting it to sell 500Mil in it's first week, smashing the Halo 3 record by 100Mil! Personally I can see this game uber outdoing Halo 3 in everyway, across the board, and not just from over marketing it. /halo 3 dig.

Also Saint's Row 2 isn't too far away and has quite a lot of interesting features not present in GTA4, check it out!

13. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i've been banned a couple months ago from live [​IMG]
    i'm thinking about buying a new arcade system so i can play on live again

But on the other hand, ps3 also sounds really nice. though decision...

14. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Get another 360 man!! [​IMG]

15. poisonousj
    OP

United States
    sell the banned one, buy a new 360!!! [​IMG] then save up for a ps3 later, it will still be around! (I did just play Gran Turismo 5 though, and wow that game is awesome! but I know when GTA4 comes out, I won't even touch anything else for a lil while)

16. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Oh I'll be playing it for sure!

I'll probably be playing a whole bunch of single player mode first though but I'll be playing plenty of MP as well.

Saint's Row was fun as online but I could never get mates to play a game with me, I'm definitely looking forward to SR2 as well.

Gamertag as per sig.

17. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    I will be but not for a few weeks after and certainly not on the day its released, too busy.

18. poisonousj
    OP

United States
    I also realize I probably won't be focusing on the multiplayer aspect when it first comes out but still interested in getting a group of temp's who want to play multiplayer together.

I added MC DUI to the list on the first post. I see other people who have their screen names in their sigs but I don't want to add them to the list unless they specifically request it.

19. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm not 100% which console I'm picking this up for, but just in case I do get the 360 version my Gamertag is: Nerelas

Edit: It would be interesting playing with people that aren't random xbox live douches.

20. The_Cylon_Surfer

Member The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure either....My mate has a PS3 and is pretty into online gaming, my girlfriend has a 360 and the 360's Live service is better than PSN - the tuff choices that life presents [​IMG] . Maybe I'll end up buying both! I'lll have to see how good online play is first. I currently have it pre-ordered on PS3 burrr.. I just.. dont... know!

Anyhows my Gamer Tag is HerbSurgeon for just incase I do get the 360 version and I would be more than happy to play [​IMG]