Grand Slam Tennis control question

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by shred6waves, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009
  1. shred6waves
    OP

Member shred6waves GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i am trying to play GST with the nunchuck and wm+ but the wii motion plus is not recognized when the nunchuck is in. as soon as i unplug it though the movements are 1:1. is there any way to make them work together? i cant seem to find an answer to this.

thx in advance

2. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've had my WM+ cut out a few times while playing GST. Once I unplugged the nunchuck and plugged it back it, it would respond. Once I had the entire controller shut down and would not fire back up unless I unplugged the WM+ and then it worked again.

Its only happened to me during GST so it might be the game. If your having troubles with the nunchuck working while the WM+ is connected, try restarting the game, changing the batteries, reconnecting the WM+ or try a different nunchuck + wiimote combo. If none of that works, you might have a defective unit and I would return it or call up Nintendo

3. shred6waves
    OP

Member shred6waves GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thanks for your response.

however, i think it is a game issue rather than a hardware issue because the archery in wii sports resort works perfectly. i tried a different nunchuck and im having the same issue...

so you can get the wm+ and nunchuck combo to work? as soon as i unplug the nunchuck it goes to 1:1 but when i plug it back in it goes back to wiimote basic controls...

4. solcott

Newcomer solcott Member

Kazakhstan
    Out of curiosity are you using first party or third party nunchucks?

eg. my brother in law has three third party nunchucks, WiiMotion+ works properly with none of them but his first party nunchuck that came with his Wii works perfectly fine with it.

I have two WM+ and two first party nunchucks and the nunchuck and WM+ combo always works perfectly for me in Grand Slam Tennis (burnt copy + CIOSCORP)