Grand Knights History English Patch Alpha (looking for help)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by justfuit, May 13, 2014.

1. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Well, I think this should be a player option anyway. I personally don't see anyone complaining about it.

Btw... If it's so easy, why don't you do it yourself? :wtf: (I would.)

2. Scorp

Scorp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Kazakhstan
    Well, if I do this, it would be second patch, something "unofficial", that's why I would like to have it done by original patch authors, to be included there, obv. If they do not know how to do it, I could help with this.

3. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I don't think [USER]justfuit[/USER] see problem, mainly if it's for personal use.

(Who ever compiled something customized for yourself?)

4. Scorp

Scorp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Kazakhstan
    But I want it included into justfuit patch :) That's why. If do it for personal use - I would really rather swap buttons in prx. Just as I told "for great justice" would be really convenient to have that in the game itself, so it would feel 100% english :)

Also, I would need their sources, because there would be a lot of text like "Press O to select", which have to be changed to "Press X to select"... So even that it is easy from the code part, it still need translated data to re-assemble.

"Loading..." image is not translated too, as I understand?

5. justfuit
    OP

justfuit Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    This. It would be rather simple to swap "X" and "O" in the text, but it would take a little bit of work to actually swap the keys with ASM (at least, for me...I'm a bit rusty now). As far as I'm concerned, my work with this project has been completed.

If you want the sources for the patch, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Correct. Basically, there wasn't enough space in the image to change it. This could have been circumvented by putting the translated image text in a different file, but I felt it wasn't worth the effort if most people could understand it meant "Loading".

Hargrun likes this.
  6. Tosnic

Tosnic Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Alas, I cannot extract the patch .zip from the OP. Both windows and peazip tell me the archive is unreadable :-(
    I downloaded it twice and both give me the same error.

7. justfuit
    OP

justfuit Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    I've re-downloaded the file and was able to extract it just fine using WinRar and 7-Zip.

What's the MD5 of the .zip you downloaded? It should be: E4997C5900208680AC95508F20B90D5A

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    Indonesia
    Thanks for making this patch!! I'm having a blast with it on my phone PPSSPP!! You guys are great!

9. Tosnic

Tosnic Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2012
    Gambia, The

Mine is different. After re-downloading again I realized it was my bad... kind of. I had just right-clicked the link in the OP and chosen download linked file, which indeed gave me a gkhpatchv1.16_FINAL.zip file. But that one was < 1 MB, while the real patch is some 70 MB. I should have gotten a useless .html file by right-clicking.
    Maybe you should add a note to the OP to prevent others from making the same mistake.

10. ambition

ambition Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    yo, this is the first time ive ever worked with these programs or tried to patched a jpn game so i feel like my problem is something easy but i clearly can't figure it out. im stuck at the patching the 3 files part with xdelta. i was getting a different error at first but now im getting a "unhandled exception has occurred in your application" "system cannot find the file specified". any ideas on what the hell im doing wrong :(

Last edited by ambition, Jun 7, 2015
  11. LoganN64

LoganN64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    Canada
    Hello, I have a physical copy of GKH, and I was wondering if there is a way to play it in english? Or do I have to install some programs to play in English? Thanks!

12. LucyGamer

LucyGamer Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    Italy
    Put the disc in your psp, connect psp to computer via usb cave, open the folder of the psp on the computer and copy and paste the content into the computer. Then, you must download the patch, apply it to the iso you've pasted (you may need XDelta if I remember correclty), and then you will need a "Custom Firmware" on your psp to play the patched file.

I know this may need a longer explanation but trust me, I've learned myself after making some brief research on google, so as long as you watch some videos on youtube or google the terms "xdelta", "psp english patch", custom firmware psp" and you read some tutorial, you should be able to play the game.

Last edited by LucyGamer, Jun 27, 2016
  13. LoganN64

LoganN64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    Canada
    OK, thank you Lucy!

14. AriesZodi

AriesZodi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    I don't know what I did wrong... I patched the files using XdeltaUi. It said that the files were patched successfully. I then replace them with original files with UMD. But when I opened the iso with ppsspp the story just wasn't translated at all, it only translated the menu. I use window, can someone help me ?

15. dehk

dehk Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Burkina Faso
    Thank you a lot for this!

Great translate project, I'm loving the game :)

:toot::):grog::tpi::creep:

16. PotatoD00D

PotatoD00D Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    United States
    I know it's 2018 but i also have trouble with the patch. I successfully patched all the files needed but only the menus are translated.

17. zeropain

zeropain Newbie

The patch file worked for me. Everything is translated, not only the menus.

18. EZmem

EZmem Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2018
    United States
    I'm a complete beginner with this stuff, but I was able to figure everything out through trial and error. I got stuck at a few points where some others did, so maybe I can help a bit.
    Once you make the patch files, make sure to give them the exact same names as the files you are going to overwrite. I don't know if this was your problem, but simply adding them and trying to remove the originals won't work; maybe this was obvious to others from the beginning, but again, I was clueless. After that you can save it and it should work.
    Ik this was 3 years ago and this is probably moot, but I had the same problem for a while and it was only because I needed to place all the files in the same folder. By that I mean the original files you want to patch from the original JP ISO as well as the .xdelta ones that are the patch.
    Hopefully this helps any other people or beginners like me who ran into the same problems I did, it seems like a fun game and I'm excited to finally be able to start it :)

19. Agharta30

Agharta30 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    France
    Idk if im doing something wrong but the only thing in english are the menu and the skills, the text of each faction and the dialogue after are also in english, same goes for the tutorial etc...
    Is there something i'm missing or it's actually how it's supposed to be?