Granblue Fantasy to get fighting game made by Arc System Works

Mobile gacha game Granblue Fantasy is getting two upcoming home console video games; one is a JRPG made by Platinum Games, while the other, newly announced title is a 2D fighting game, made by none other than Arc System Works. Developed by the team behind this year's highly successful Dragon Ball FighterZ, BlazBlue, and more, Granblue Fantasy Versus will pit notable series characters against each other, with some early gameplay footage having been shown off at Granblue Fantasy Fes 2018 in Japan. At the time of reveal, the game is set to be a PlayStation 4 exclusive, and will launch next year in the east.

Reactions: SS4

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, their 2d fighters are good, but I hope that they branch out to 3D fighters a little. Which, after looking it up, they might be doing.

Anyway, I would also watch an anime in this style.

supaplex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Artstyle looks like in my opinion absolutely gorgeus. This is like Guardian Heroes meets Fire Emblem cutscenes, but in 3D.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Platinum and ArcSys, two of my favorite devs... the Granblue franchise seems like kind of a waste for both of them tbh... but if they were working co-operatively to produce a fighting/rpg genre mash-up I'd be stoked!

More looking forward to ArcSys' KillLaKill game, and hoping they announce something for the Guilty Gear anniversary.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum and ArcSys, two of my favorite devs... the Granblue franchise seems like kind of a waste for both of them tbh... but if they were working co-operatively to produce a fighting/rpg genre mash-up I'd be stoked!

More looking forward to ArcSys' KillLaKill game, and hoping they announce something for the Guilty Gear anniversary.

Same here on Guilty Gear! I really hope, with all of the time that's passed, that not only is every character (that makes sense to the plot, anyways, so no Justice or Kliff unless they're going to make Evangelion Unit JUSTICE playable SOMEHOW) playable, but that we get every other character in the game for what may be the final game in the franchise if the plot is any indication!

I can only imagine Daisuke wanting to have Sheer Heart Attack as the battle theme for Sol vs. That Man given how the lyrics line up well with the plot of Guilty Gear if you think about it!

Reactions: duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.