Hacking grabbing my own private header... please help with this

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
im going to get hold of my friends 3ds tomorrow thats on 6.2 firmware.
I have 2 original game carts left from the 21 i sold. I have Fantasy Life and nintendogs.
Can i grab a header from either of these to use on my Sky3ds? or does it have to be a online game, in which case i will have to use Fantasy Life cartridge. if it dont matter, i can grab header from nintendogs and then sell Fantasy Life
smile.png

Does it have to be a 4gb Cart game? or can any size cart be used?

How do i go about grabbing the header from the cart please?
What do i need to download ready as i can only have his 3ds for a short while, so trying to get a head start on it so that i know exactly what to do.
Is grabbing the headers from a game cart the easy part... and then he can have his 3ds back, as the hardest part is injecting the template with my header?

Anyone please tell me what i need to download in advance and could anyone please leave me a step by step guide? please, and thank you in advance

I have New 3ds XL 9.5 and sky3ds

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendogs is a DS game so it won't work, do you mean Nintendogs + Cats?

Don't sell the game whose header you will use for online.

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yep, im aware i cant sell the cart once header is taken from it.
Thats why if i can use Nintendogs one for header, then i can sell Fantasy Life :)
But does the cart have to be a online game or dont it matter? Also does it have to be a 4gb game cart?

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe the size of the cart matters. I am not sure about your other question, it would make more sense to use an online game's header, but who knows what Nintendo can make sense of on their end.

Use the Gateway Launcher.dat to boot into gateway mode via the web exploit and dump the cartridge to the SD, that's it. There's a million tutorials on YouTube and on here.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
im going to get hold of my friends 3ds tomorrow thats on 6.2 firmware.
I have 2 original game carts left from the 21 i sold. I have Fantasy Life and nintendogs.
Can i grab a header from either of these to use on my Sky3ds? or does it have to be a online game, in which case i will have to use Fantasy Life cartridge. if it dont matter, i can grab header from nintendogs and then sell Fantasy Life
smile.png

Does it have to be a 4gb Cart game? or can any size cart be used?

How do i go about grabbing the header from the cart please?
What do i need to download ready as i can only have his 3ds for a short while, so trying to get a head start on it so that i know exactly what to do.
Is grabbing the headers from a game cart the easy part... and then he can have his 3ds back, as the hardest part is injecting the template with my header?

Anyone please tell me what i need to download in advance and could anyone please leave me a step by step guide? please, and thank you in advance

I have New 3ds XL 9.5 and sky3ds
Either cart will be just fine.
You don't specifically need a header from a game with online capabilities to use it in online.
You can use a 4gb card but it has to be big enough to store a game. Games vary by size.
The size of the rom doesn't have to be big, in fact the smaller the better, it saves time when dumping the rom.

In order to grab the header, you'll need to use Gateway to dump the rom, it should be something like "backup rom" in the Gateway menu.
This will copy your game rom to the mSD/SD card in your 3DS (NOT the Gateway card). From there, you would need to copy the rom onto PC, and use Gateway's rom tool to extract the header. This will produce a .bin file, which would be the header you'd want to use.
In order to inject the header into a template, I would suggest using No Ban No Sky, found on this forum to inject, unless you know any other way.
Download the software, follow the instructions and inject the header into the template.

Profit.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: cvskid

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Eseentialy just follow this video until 5:30, but you don't need the Gateway card, all you need is the launcher.dat file.

Once you've dumped the gamed to your SD card and checked to make sure it's there via PC, you can return your friend's 3DS. Take a few backups of the dumped ROM just to be safe, i.e. burn it to DVD, store it on your HDD, store it on a external USB.

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks,
so i put game cart into the 6.2 3ds, put gateway launcher.dat onto the sd card, run dump rom... which will dump image of the game cart to the sd card.
Then i remove sd card, and insert into my pc.
run gateway rom tool on my pc to extract the header, which creates a .bin file.
I am now safe to give my friend his 6.2 3ds back as i have my private header?
then i use No Ban No Sky to inject private header into the latest template i download from sky3ds?

when extracting rom, i read something abotu i have to go to a browser on the 3ds, and go to a specific web address/url... do i have to do this?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks,
so i put game cart into the 6.2 3ds, put gateway launcher.dat onto the sd card, run dump rom... which will dump image of the game cart to the sd card.
I am now safe to give my friend his 6.2 3ds back as i have my private header?
then i use No Ban No Sky to inject private header into the latest template i download from sky3ds?

when extracting rom, i read something abotu i have to go to a browser on the 3ds, and go to a specific web address/url... do i have to do this?

That's correct yes.
I think what you have in mind is getting into the Gateway menu. You need to go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com on your 3ds browser to boot into the gateway menu.

thanks all :)

where do i grab the required tools please?
As far as I'm aware, the links are not allowed to be posted (I could be corrected on this because personally, I don't know how the rom tool is regarded as piracy)

A quick google search will yield plenty of results. Just search for Gateway rom tool xD
No Ban No Sky is found here

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so its safe to use private header from Nintendogs and Cats, inject it into all the games in template and then go online with the games? For example.. i inject the Nintendogs and Cats header into Mario Kart 7 in template, and then i can go online and play mario kart 7 safely without ban?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
so its safe to use private header from Nintendogs and Cats, inject it into all the games in template and then go online with the games? For example.. i inject the Nintendogs and Cats header into Mario Kart 7 in template, and then i can go online and play mario kart 7 safely without ban?

Well, it's not 100% safe, no method aside from the genuine cart is 100%, but it'll keep you safer than using a public header

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's correct yes.
I think what you have in mind is getting into the Gateway menu. You need to go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com on your 3ds browser to boot into the gateway menu.

As far as I'm aware, the links are not allowed to be posted (I could be corrected on this because personally, I don't know how the rom tool is regarded as piracy)

A quick google search will yield plenty of results. Just search for Gateway rom tool xD
No Ban No Sky is found here

Why do i need to go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com on the 3ds browser? do i have to go to this url aswell as put gateway launcher.dat onto the sd card?

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sooooo...
so i put game cart into the 6.2 3ds, put gateway launcher.dat onto the sd card, go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com on 3ds browser, select and run dump rom... which will dump image of the game cart to the sd card.
I am now safe to give my friend his 6.2 3ds back as i have my private header.
then i use No Ban No Sky to inject private header into the latest template i download from sky3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol