OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's up?

I was reading about the GPX2 Wiz. So far I like what I see, but in your opinion do you think it will be good?
Also the lack of support is worrying me.
But that figures with a non Microsoft,Nintendo,Sony product.

Also can anyone give me a screen size?
Their is no Wi-fi either is there?

Thanks,

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the Wiz from what I've seen also, infact, It makes me glad that I never could afford the F100 when I wanted it and was put off by the F200 being in only white.

I plan to get a Wiz--not immediately ofcourse, but soon as I can afford it for sure.

It would seem to me that there will be plenty of support for this handheld, theres supposed to be new releases everymonth or something like that, thats plenty. Pus a MASSIVE Library of games already exists for it so thats something to think off. I love the look of it and while there is no WiFi I think its great the way it is--especially if it works with the Cradle from the F100--thats gonna be sweet!!!

You can Emulate so many consoles on it too!!!

The screen is probably about 3.5 inches--the same as the F100 but I am not sure.

death1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I would just get a Pandora: wifi, bluetooth, 800x480 screen, 600MHz Cortex-A8 processor, 128MB RAM, and Dual SD Slots
smile.gif

I think it should be more powerful in emulation then the Wiz- there's already a working fullspeed PSX emulator.

And it has dual analog sticks
wub.gif

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
death1234 said:
Personally I would just get a Pandora: wifi, bluetooth, 800x480 screen, 600MHz Cortex-A8 processor, 128MB RAM, and Dual SD Slots
smile.gif

I think it should be more powerful in emulation then the Wiz- there's already a working fullspeed PSX emulator.

And it has dual analog sticks
wub.gif

Same here

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only positive thing I can see about GP2X Wiz when comparing it to the Pandora is that it doesn't cost as much and contains 4 times the amount of onboard memory. It just feels like a cheap version of the Pandora with less features.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the way I see it the Pandora--which I really like and would consider getting it if I could afford it, I followed the development of it closely and blah-blah-blah--is a very high tech machine. Its powerful and its far more than the average gamer needs, since the average gamer only wants to play games.

The Pandora is a DEVELOPERS playing field. Its too much machine for most people to handle, even if they can afford it.

The GP2x Wiz--which I also like and would like to get, seeing as how I've wanted a GP2x for a couple of years now--is a much better solution for most people simply because they cant, wont and dont appreciate the developer work that goes into making the Pandora so great.

Even though the GP2x is opensource also and can be developed on, its a simpler machine and does its job as an emulation platform. Besides, this one is going to be better supported by commercial games than the two previous GP2x's.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, JPH, pandora creator craigx owns that site.
smile.gif

I ordered my pandora from there.
If I would ever get some money, I'll gladly buy the (Open your mouth baby!
ohmy.gif
) Wiz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: