LoloLakitu

Shwowow Schogog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,
I recently got a third montor and found out that the DVI port on my 7750 is "DVI-D" rather than "I" so I can't use the monitors I have without converters or a new GPU, the configuration that I thought would work was; HDMI out to HDMI to DVI converter, VGA to VGA and DVI to VGA. The monitors are a Dell 1908FP, a Viewsonic VA702b, and a Sharp 172C-B, they are all 1280x1024, the sharp and viewsonic are VGA only. If anybody could recommend me a GPU for gaming on one screen and using the others on the side, or using the inputs on my motherboard. A DG43RK with and E6750.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on your budget. The best multi-monitor card is the HD 7870 Eyefinity 6 Edition. It supports up to 6 1080p monitors. A great card, if you're willing to spend $350.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3 monitors with 1280 x 720 huh? That's 3840 x 720 you are talking about. HD7750 for sure ain't capable of gaming at that resolution.

When it comes to multiple monitors, VRAM is very important. One HD7850 should be enough to do 3840 x 720. However, you still need to buy active adapters for those two VGA monitors. It is increasingly rare for gaming GPU to support VGA.

Basically your options are,

* Buy HD7850 as well as 2x DisplayPort to VGA active adapters.
* Stick to HD7750, but give up on those two VGA monitors.

LoloLakitu

Shwowow Schogog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3 monitors with 1280 x 720 huh? That's 3840 x 720 you are talking about. HD7750 for sure ain't capable of gaming at that resolution.

When it comes to multiple monitors, VRAM is very important. One HD7850 should be enough to do 3840 x 720. However, you still need to buy active adapters for those two VGA monitors. It is increasingly rare for gaming GPU to support VGA.

Basically your options are,

* Buy HD7850 as well as 2x DisplayPort to VGA active adapters.
* Stick to HD7750, but give up on those two VGA monitors.
I never said I wanted to game on all three, I said just on one of them.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Games must support full screen in window mode, otherwise gaming will utilize all 3 monitors.
More often, a game will full screen on a single monitor unless it supports multi monitor display (e.g. Supreme Commander). Depending on how the games interface works, it may black out the other screens or screw up the resolution of all the monitors (in fullscreen mode, all monitors must use the same resolution, unless in fullscreen windowed mode).

Eyefinite makes the system think all attached monitors are a single display with a single, shared desktop space. This leads to spread screen gaming, which is good for games that support stretched FoV or the likes, but offers nothing to games not programmed for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...