1. DCXPIG

OP DCXPIG Member
    Newcomer

United States
    GPD WIN2 speakers = no audio, BT and jack fine - suggestions?

Hello all-

I have a WIN 2 71y30/128gb stock. The audio won't work thru the onboard speakers but fine over Bluetooth or jack. I can't say what happened as it was always tethered via bluetooth for a long time but there's not even a crackle over the onboard. I've played with drivers forever and a day, reset Windows and just pulled 1909 with the new .net and driver subsets and am in the same place. I haven't opened the device and it's in immaculate condition/never abused. Any suggestions?

THanks

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    The usual cause for such things is wear in the headphone jack itself, however if you were using bluetooth then chances are it will be fine.
    I would still check inside the jack itself -- there tends to be a small tab that is basically a cantilever beam that gets bent into contact with another part when the jack is inserted, do it too much and it bends there. I can't say I have ever seen it happen from an oversized jack in short order but it is within reason.

Beyond that then software issues start to be a thing, though if you can swap between bluetooth and jack in Windows then chances are it will not be that. You can still try and see if it is not a third option (internal speakers, bluetooth, jack and possibly HDMI if it has it -- sometimes operating systems will distinguish between rear and front jacks on motherboards).

No crackle even during something like power on is potentially odd, however if it is the wear type scenario.

3. DCXPIG

OP DCXPIG Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Appreciate your reply, the only reason I don't think the jack is culprit is that the machine senses when I plug/unplug a pair of headphones or cable run into the mini-pc. Ironically GPD just emailed me back stating that they're sell me a replacement set of speakers for $20 US dollars ($35 shipped) that they don't advertise on AliExpress... Of course that's assuming it will address it and that I can actually take this little thing apart/piece back together.. It's awfully small for my size hands and I don't want to make this worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - suggestions, speakers, audio