GPD announces GPD Win Max 2021, an AMD-based handheld gaming PC

gpd win amd.jpg

The AYA NEO is currently the only handheld gaming PC with an AMD architecture on the market but it won't be for long. The newcomer has shaken up GPD, which is something of a veteran in this market, from its slumber to finally come up with an AMD-based gaming device of its own. Previously, it was reported that this device would be using a 5800U processor but the company announced today that their first AMD device will instead be based on the AMD Ryzen 7 4800U APU.

Named as the GPD Win Max 2021, it will pack the clamshell design of the Win Max line and of the traditional GPD consoles, meaning that it will also feature a full-fledged keyboard in addition to gaming buttons. You can see more details about the specs from the image below, which also indicates that an Intel Core i7 with Iris Xe Graphics variant will also be available:

gpd specs.jpg

As has been the case with previous GPD devices, the company has opted for an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to launch its new device. There are no details about pricing at this time but the campaign is said to be coming "soon" and you can sign up on the page to know when it launches and for the chance of up to 40% discount.

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

I always see articles about those super amazing GPD PCs to a point that I don't even know what model is more powerful, but sadly locally I only find the old android based one.
the last time i found one for a reasonable price was the first generation win, the one with an intel atom and 32GB of eMMC, essentially the same as my shitty $150 tablet but marked up 150%

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until you've held one, used the controls and felt the weight... well let's just say most people, myself included, who have actually used one, find the controls layout ideal, the weight surprisingly balanced, and it very comfortable to game on for long periods of time.

Not everyone of course. Just most people.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the design is truly awkward. at least AYA NEO has a solid design and knows the target market, but this one is confusing. maybe if they tweak the keyboard to make it more mobile-like, so it can be more compact

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They did make smaller models but it looks like the market is demanding bigger devices, to the point of (in my opinion) pointlessness.

>handheld gaming PC
Why can't they just call it a gaming laptop? That's certainly what it is, isn't it?
It's to denote that it runs Windows, it's not about the form factor but about the platform.

Last edited by Veho,
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho