The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through ThinkGeek.com's selection of gaming things, and I saw the GP2X Wiz. I clicked on the link for it, and I saw all the features...WOW! That's a lot! Flash gaming, tons of emulators, music, video, and the best part: user created games!. But there's a lot more than those features. Now, it's $179.99, and my parents agreed to get it for me, as well as a 4GB SD card. If I get that, then I won't even care about getting other presents.

So, does anyone have one, or also want one? Please discuss...I want to know if it's worth it.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
The dingoo has 4 times the storage and all that, but costs less than half of what the gp2x Wiz costs. Plus it has a regular dpad and ds like buttons, not the weird dpad buttons thing the wiz has.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
The dingoo has 4 times the storage and all that, but costs less than half of what the gp2x Wiz costs. Plus it has a regular dpad and ds like buttons, not the weird dpad buttons thing the wiz has.
its not all about capacity

GP2X has a better CPU and more mature software and emu's compared to the Dingoo

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
david432111 said:
its not all about capacity

GP2X has a better CPU and more mature software and emu's compared to the Dingoo
A slightly better cpu for over double the price? If your looking to buy a Wiz you might as well buy a hackable psp...
There's a video comparison here, it is a bit biased and old but it's ok.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I already have a hacked PSP. I've decided that I don't need the Flash compatibility (I've heard it wasn't so great), and I'm just going to get a Dingoo, and use the extra $90 to get a Memory Stick for my PSP and a 4GB SD card for the Dingoo. Unless anyone else has a suggestion for a personal media player that has emulator support and isn't over $150.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be carful with that dingoo, I am embaressed to say this, but I bent over to pick something up off the floor, and the screen broke in four different places.
frown.gif
Yes I know its an epic fail, and the funny thing is my pants are never tight, only baggy.
frown.gif

EDIT: I have also only had it for about three weeks.
mad.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
Be carful with that dingoo, I am embaressed to say this, but I bent over to pick something up off the floor, and the screen broke in four different places.
frown.gif
Yes I know its an epic fail, and the funny thing is my pants are never tight, only baggy.
frown.gif

EDIT: I have also only had it for about three weeks.
mad.gif
Yeah, the dingoo's actual screen is VERY close to the Top layer of the unit(The glossy plastic layer that's on top).

@TDWP
The dingoo only takes minisd, so the best thing to do would be to buy a microsd card and minisd adapter for it.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBAtemp will be posting a Dingoo VS GP2X Wiz comparison review soon
smile.gif

I recommend you wait before buying... anyway stay tuned!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I thought the Wiz was much bigger compared to the Dingoo. Turns out their screens are the same size
blink.gif

And the same resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a bad price or speed all things considered lol