Vapourstreak

OP
Trophies
Website
vapourstreak.moonfruit.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if I should get a Black GP2X or a Metallic Blue PSP? I want to play hockey games (e.g. NHL 08), so I'm leaning towards the PSP, but I don't want to buy any UMD's. I want to dowoanlod the ISO's but they are too confusing to use and downgrade. Can anyone give me suggestions on which one I should get or tell me how to work the ISO's on the PSP?

[EDIT] Can anyone link me to an XGP or an XGP Mini review so I can see if I want ot buy that?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Running ISOs on the PSP is a doddle, there are many topics on the subject around here (I remember because I was asking this question 6 months ago!).

But basically once you have the custom firmware installed playing an iso is as simple as dragging the file over to the memory card. It's that simple!

smile.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^Agreed. The only big thing about GP2X (or is it GP32X?) is that it has a great emulation scene from what I've seen, but it doesn't really have any unique games. The PSP can run most homebrewed emulators and it has a good collection of actual PSP titles. The 4 Gb is recommended if you plan to use ISOs. It's really not that difficult at all. You can try ebaying for a 1.5, or even ones with the latest firmware so you don't have to do it yourself.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I sold my gp2x a few months ago. The emulation scene was nearly dead. The only good things about it is it plays xvid and divx without the need to reencode them. You can get tvout leads to watch the videos or play emulators on the TV. You need to buy batteries for it.

The PSP plays the same homebrew with the custom firmware. PS1 games and psp games from memory stick (Which are very cheap now). You can also watch videos on the PSP though it has to be encoded to MP4. The screen on the PSP is what makes the handheld for me. No need to buy batteries either as its rechargable.

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sold my gp2x a few months ago. The emulation scene was nearly dead. The only good things about it is it plays xvid and divx without the need to reencode them. You can get tvout leads to watch the videos or play emulators on the TV. You need to buy batteries for it.

The PSP plays the same homebrew with the custom firmware. PS1 games and psp games from memory stick (Which are very cheap now). You can also watch videos on the PSP though it has to be encoded to MP4. The screen on the PSP is what makes the handheld for me. No need to buy batteries either as its rechargable.
I never had a gp2x, but it seems that adgloride just answered your question.
wink.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cna you put custom firmware on a blue psp from China?

You can downgrade and put custom firmware on any PSP with firmwares up to 3.50 now. (Which is currently all firmwares)
You just need an original UMD copy of Lumines.
And since you need an original UMD game to play most ISOs you might as well pick up Lumines.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's so weird! I was having the same problem deciding! (I even wanted a blue psp too!). Thanks vapour for saving me the effort of making a topic about it
biggrin.gif
!
And about the xgp, last I heard, the company making it went out of business.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-