GoW:CoO - random freezes?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by teH XeRO, Mar 9, 2008.

Mar 9, 2008

GoW:CoO - random freezes? by teH XeRO at 5:46 AM (1,204 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. teH XeRO
    OP

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, but I seem to experience random freezes. i have GOW_ZYmax. idk if maybe i need to reformat or defrag my memory stick since i havent done that in a while, but i dont seem to be getting it in any other games. anyone else experiencing this?

edit: i've poked around gamefaq's forums and have read a few experiencing this right in the beginning with a hard copy of the game as well (happens for me in the beginning with the 1.5gb iso), maybe it's just a bug in the game at the beginning, regardless of the media it's played through...not sure though.

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Works fine for me with the same file. I have a Sandisk 2gB MS Pro Duo.

3. harryjon35

Member harryjon35 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    happened once for me.

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Finished it here , not a single freeze or problem. 3.90 m33 and a sandisk 2GB.

5. mthegreatone

Newcomer mthegreatone Member

United States
    same. SanDisk ftw!!! i don't know why the game would all-out just freeze though.

6. teH XeRO
    OP

United States
    i got a 4gb sandisk pro duo...as long as at least one person has experienced it than it doesnt bother me..just making sure theres nothing wrong with my setup

edit: i have technically gotten it only once as well as the other time it was really my battery being dead, and it froze for a few seconds or so and then completely turned off, forgot that i hadn't charged it until that happened lol

7. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I get some slowdowns for a second or two when entering a new area, but never any freezes yet.
    Using 4GB SanDisk on 3.90-2 with 3.71 fatmsmod.

8. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    4gb san disk with 3.90 m33-2 no slowdowns or freezes. it could be the release you have that's the problem

9. teH XeRO
    OP

United States
    ive also heard it's usually around the same spot after u knock the basilik's eye in with the column and bust down the door across the little beach area and go through to take on the archer's across the little broken bridge...so i guess if you happened to play through the beginning only once and didnt experience it, most likely you won't. Others have this release and havent gotten it, and i actually just played through the beginning again and didn't get it..so who knows.

10. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    Don't play with a .CSO file.

11. teH XeRO
    OP

United States
    it's not a cso..its the gig and a half full iso..played it for like an hour between my graphic design and astronomy classes and it hasnt happened