Government wants unique internet IDs for all americans.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
If this service is voluntary and only for online transaction then I'm cool with it.

Anything else is a push over for me. It does make me wonder why government would want to spend millions of dollars on this when you know not a lot of people will use it.
Open your mind man, they want to categorize and identify you in everything you do online so they can monitor you for their own nefarious purposes. You're all acting like everything is fine because it's opt-in but no, this is a gateway to them knowing everything about you every single minute of the day. [/crazy paranoid american]

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people don't know this but SSNs for yourself and your Children are actually opt-in.

The goverment originally highly recommend against using it for IDing yourself to non-goverment offices. Big bussinesses too advantage of peoples stupiduty...Before anyone could stop it, it grew into this massive mess that it is today.

I can see the samething happening here. Giving people an online = to SSN is asking for even more trouble.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Instead of 'government wants'

K, government. Good luck.

biggrin.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
and yet they call conspiracy theorists who preach about the New World Order take over crazy people...

so many sheep will actually fall for this and think it's for the better...

Fear Zoa said:
Its either freedom and danger...or security and control......the government can't seem to find a balance there unfortunately....

and they don't want a balance...they want COMPLETE CONTROL.

unfortunately even though we as citizens have the legal and 100% right to rebel against a government that is non productive. (like what europeans do when they get pissed off) they kinda took that aw- uhm...yea...that's not even feasible anymore

plus Americans are too lazy and attached to their dead end jobs having the government take away half of their check to even think about rebelling

D

Deleted_171835

Horrible idea.
One person gets a hold of your password and they can log into everything that uses that Internet ID. Not to mention incompetent companies that don't secure their servers. Also easier for the government to watch your activities online.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Totally messed up idea, although I think it will never (or at least not soon) happen.
If it happens at all, then it's a good thing I live in Europe
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
and yet they call conspiracy theorists who preach about the New World Order take over crazy people...

so many sheep will actually fall for this and think it's for the better...

Fear Zoa said:
Its either freedom and danger...or security and control......the government can't seem to find a balance there unfortunately....

and they don't want a balance...they want COMPLETE CONTROL.

unfortunately even though we as citizens have the legal and 100% right to rebel against a government that is non productive. (like what europeans do when they get pissed off) they kinda took that aw- uhm...yea...that's not even feasible anymore

plus Americans are too lazy and attached to their dead end jobs having the government take away half of their check to even think about rebelling

+100 i wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, seriously peoples humans rights are been taken away from them and they don't even care.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahah, No.

I think the government controlling the internet is probably the worst thing that can happen, they can basically control the information that we read everything practically sending us into a dark age by only allowing us to learn of read what they think is proper, it should not be allowed.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
Hahah, No.

I think the government controlling the internet is probably the worst thing that can happen, they can basically control the information that we read everything practically sending us into a dark age by only allowing us to learn of read what they think is proper, it should not be allowed.

The internet is our last rights to Freedom of Speech, if WE allow that to be taken away then its our fault!

Edit: The fact is the government believes Americans can't think for themselves which to them is a golden opportunity to intervene in our lives and make it better. Well if the government want to help us then they need to stop pretending our flaws is something to overlook at. The fact is we allow so much to happen only because we didn't know the power we given to the government was our consent.

Look at the years of how we Americans accept the norm and abnorm, when you look at that you will realize we became more lax till the 9/11 happened which given us a sense of insecurity. Now we seem to be aware that our defenses aren't as 'secure' as we thought it was. You can also blame the media for hyperboling BS about stuff that didn't happen. Like that stupid terrorist with a bomb inside a his crotch area got through, just think for that one second.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
One scenario(likely the ONLY scenario):

Failure passes: *2 weeks later* extremely similar event eclipses the fAilT&T ipad incident http://gawker.com/5559346/
And of course, since this will be countless american accounts in the SAME place, the ones that DO break it, WILL be the ones to take this treasure trove of personal information and run amok with it.
Can we say 'terrorist funding via identity theft'?
The government would. But blame YOU for letting them take it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night