1. alexander1970

OP alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Deutsche Telekom, A1 Telekom, Vodafone, Orange and other mobile operators are ready to make their location data available to the EU Commission. The lobby group of the mobile phone service provider GSMA says that the spread of the corona virus should be tracked.

Representatives of the corporations as well as Telefonica, Telecom Italia, Telenor and Telia met with EU Industry Commissioner Thierry Breton on Monday. The EU Commission wants to use anonymized data. However, there is growing criticism that governments want to use cellular data to control quarantine compliance and exercise profiles.

https://orf.at/stories/3159376/

Conversations and SMS are not followed

After protests by the Social Democrats, which until recently had been self-governing and now opposed, the exception law was weakened in parliament. Contrary to the original government proposal, phone calls and SMS messages should not be tracked, only localization data. The measure was also limited to the duration of the coronavirus crisis.

I love this "decide over the Peoples Head" Thing.(Even if it was not implemented this Time).
    And the "Lemmings" do every Year the same....vote for this "Government".
    And like Austrian Mentality is - complain afterwards.

I wonder if they also will complain in this Case.:evil:

Plstic likes this.
  2. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    I wonder how this came to be... Genuinely so.

So law proposals usually are lobbied for/prewritten before acted on. Then when a crisis comes along, people get into this 'lets not let it go to waste' mentality and are testing how far they can take certain concepts, when the pretense is "saving lives" (as always).

What I dont get is, who on earth would be senile enough to write 'state of emergency' proposals that would drop democracy by the wayside and go with 'total control over the populous' in a heartbeat.

First draft. Finished in someones drawer. Let people fight their way back to free societal principals, while we control their movements, networks, private conversations...

I very much would like to know how the logic in that case goes. Because thats not one guy writing that - because he's bored, those are structural measures for 'state of emergency' situations, in someones book.

I've never come across a person that ever even argued for that - aside from fashists, yet come the right crisis... *puff* there they are.

I dont think that those are specific for austria - and going by the swiftness with which those proposals got a rewrite in those sections, people quickly anticipated public fallout from mass surveillance clauses.

So why are they still the default?

I want to get that logic. The 'state absolutely believes the public has had it - and has to be pushed into submission' to protect - what? Functioning of - what?

Last edited by notimp, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:55 PM
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    You might have never read TheStandard. If you post something conservative (or prolife=instant deletion) your post will most likely get removed. That is the reason I just do not like them :-)

4. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    I thought about writing a sentence about 'people posting opinions beneath articles' as well. Useless. Doesnt surface much (sometimes people post interesting additional links), and articles are gone within half a day at most. Same issue - if you grow beyond a certain size, selfcorrecting breaks. Stuff has no staying power.

To then throw moderators and algos at the problem doesnt serve anything but keeping the platform advertiser friendly. Derstandard comments section (apart from people referencing additional information) to me is entirely useless. To them is just a way to generate repeat views. To their users its mostly emotional release.

Also I was banned from it once, maybe 10 years ago - for criticising Rauscher of all people, repeatedly, before realizing that he didnt read the comments section, and no one cared. :) I since have had two IP changes by my ISP, so without any effort could register again, but I havent bothered ever since. Participating there gives me nothing. I felt more agitated (there is exactly no space for nuance), thats it. That doesnt mean their reporting is all bad. ;)

Also I've actually learned much from it regarding commentary as a journalistic category. I've learned f.e. that there is a certain kind of professional commentator that always writes along one ideological line.Never sways from it. And that those are the ones used as 'regulars' in a medium. They are basically mimicking what a good, accepted position in certain ideological cycles is, and they serve no other purpose. Just reading their name is enough to know what the content of the article will be. They seem to keep their jobs based on ideological consistency. Taught me not to rely on that sort of commentary for information.
    --

edit: Thought about what I wrote (why people would ask for that) and never having heard anyone arguing that point. That wasnt correct. I've heard chinese state officials, argue for it, because "china is a much bigger country and much more inequal in certain parts, so its harder to employ other methods", and I've heard chinese people argue for it ("social score would make people more friendly and helpful"). Still doesnt explain to me why its anyones default in western style democracies.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:44 AM
    usernamecharlie likes this.
  5. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    nice post

6. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
  7. alexander1970

OP alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Thank you.:)

This Topic is loooooong not over.......
    As you know for sure,if they have no "official" Chance to get what they want.......

That Moment,when A1 starts this "Case",it was like an "Rolling Stone".....
    It has started and it will never end now.

Maybe a "Justification" --> Remember the Corana Virus.....and yes,you can call me crazy and insane and mentally disturbed.....
    I said it long before this Madess has begun...this Virus is NO Coincidence....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Government, Movement, Austria