Gots me an M3 Perfect in the mail!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Stray, Mar 10, 2007.

Mar 10, 2007
  1. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    I ordered my M3 Perfect 2 days ago, and then went to ebay to find a MicroSD (I know... XP) and found a Kingston 1G for relatively cheap. I've heard horror stories about some MicroSDs not working, but then again, it seems that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin seems to be the big problem causer. Through my investigations, I determined that Taiwan/Japanese Kingston MSDs are the best, but is there really any risk to my DS/M3 if I end up getting one that turns out I got a knockoff (i'll slaughter the auctioneer if i got a knockoff)?

See, I always do this. Ramble on. Long story short, And m3Wiki confuses me... Are there any issues with any MicroSD cards?

2. pcsoon

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Stray,
    microSD 1gigs are so cheap and plentiful that I really doubt anyone would sell a fake kingston card. I've bought several and paid between $9 - $16 shipped. The only real gamble is whether or not you get the "made in Japan" version. I've bought cards from kingston.com, Newegg, Meritline and DealExtreme. The only one that guaranteed a Japanese version was Dealextreme. I was lucky and only the card from Newegg was a Taiwanese version. I doubt a knock off card could brick your DS unless it had a bricker file on it. Just format the card prior to use.

3. brins0

Newcomer brins0 Member

United Kingdom
    If you are looking for another good manufacturer to use, i'm using a Corsair 512MB one in my M3 Simply. Have had no isses with Castlevania, other than I don't know how to get into that room with the forcefield around it at the very end (but that's not the card's fault [​IMG]) My mate has a sandisk 1GB one, an he's got no issues with it either.