Gotham

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by chavosaur, Oct 10, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Ok, I need to have some people to talk about this, because this show has my head spinning right now.

For those of you unaware of Gotham, it is a prequel series on Fox TV, Set before the events of Bruce Wayne becoming batman, an basically showing the origins of some of Gotham's most heinous villains.

I'll spoiler my thoughts of the current episodes for those waiting to catch up to the series and I'll separate my opinions of every episode by spoiler.

episode1

episode2

Episode3

Please discuss below what you think of the show and if I'm being too critical of everything, I'm honesty interested in seeing if I'm alone here.

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I'm...... Well I wouldn't say enjoying it but it's still got my interest the characters they have shown off aren't like they've been depicted in any other medium and it all feels a little disjointed just for the sake of adding to the action.
    When the show was first announced I was hoping they would denote a certain amount of screen time and depict how each villain became the way they are, which to be fair they are trying to do with penguin they're just going about it the wrong way. You would imagine that to become who they are and to be free for so long there would be a certain amount of grace to they're killings but no as you quite rightly put it, it is mainly just stab stab stab, this is what I mean by disjointed, anyone who goes around doing like that isn't bound to get that far before they end up being caught and imprisoned for a very long time.
    I like Gordons character, but everything about it seems wrong, Alfred especially, actually to be honest, apart from the initial Wayne murders I don't think Alfred or Bruce should be in it at all. It seems like the only reason they have those characters in it are to go, hey look it's still a show about batman, the characters themselves hold no purpose past the first episode as of yet, and seeing is just there for fodder, again serving no purpose apart from the rather pointless side story, I'm not clued up on the whole batman comic series, just the films and a bit of the cartoon but I'll always stick with joker killing his parents so just leave it alone

chavosaur likes this.
  3. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Penguin's somewhat of my favourite character but honestly what everyone wants is for this show to start gearing up for Batman, although that's not happening until seasons 2 or 3 (just a guess).

I'd hope this only lasts for 5-6 seasons because Prison Break and Heroes went to shit after a short while.

4. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    super mediocre and pales in comparison to other superhero shows currently on air (the flash, arrow).

5. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Seeing Bruce beat the crap out of that punk sure was satisfying but to even make it sweeter, Bruce will be learning how to fight thanks to Alfred however, expecting Batman on this series is probably only on the last episode or a glimpse nothing else (as per what the comic book nerds say on IMDb).

I sure am glad they picked David Mazouz because the kid's really a talented actor whereas Disney picks up garbage "actors" for their shitty series.

6. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I dropped off the show a while ago, but you're telling me little whatever year old Bruce Wayne is beating people up already, and somehow Alfred knows how to fight?
    Jesus Christ fox, what are you even doing anymore.

7. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    I do believe Alfred was like a 007 James Bond type dude at one point. Him teaching Bruce a few things wouldn't be beyond reason.

It was pretty dam sweet watching the first real rage from Bruce. Alfred''s part in that was what made it the best though.

8. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Alfred's an ex-military soldier so it's his duty to know how to fight or he'd have died long time ago.

I'm not going to spoil any more but the dipshit deserved getting beaten up and honestly that wasn't even enough for what he said and done.