Gotham City Imposters, price tag and BETA Inbound?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I can't be bothered to type so I'll do what everyone else does...quote from Kotaku [​IMG]

I had no interest in this game but looking at footage I am now looking forward to playing this, seems like a lot of fun...unlike CoD *insert troll face*

[youtube]f72vEsBFzX8[/youtube]

[youtube]0bodl401rEA[/youtube]

http://kotaku.com/5845579/15-price-tag-pla...rs-beta-inbound

2. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    This game looks nice, it looks like TF2 + one other game I can't think of at the moment, maybe CoD.

But WAIT! It's an FPS, so it's instantly bad.

3. kamins

kamins Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2010
    Batman doesn't approve.

But this looks fun.

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    This definitely looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'll wait for the word of mouth first, but I am definitely interested.

5. sputnix

sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Jul 9, 2009
    Bulgaria
    I'm on the fence about this game, from preview I read I heard it's just mediocre so I guess I'll wait for reviews but even if it's excellent I probably won't buy it

6. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    looks nice but the themes dont seem to match. for me, its only gameplay that can impress but even that seems unlikely here.

7. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    Definitely something to keep an eye on for me.

It does, however, seem like... TF2 turned CoD... which ain't good. The core gameplay still seems to be running around solo and gunning down anyone you see.

8. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    That's the core gameplay of every FPS game. When you encounter someone, unless you're dying and have an escape route, you're gonna gun the crap out of them. God forbid you be able to sprint and your health isn't super high.

9. Ergo

Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    If it plays like, say, Quake III (or, hell, any Quake), sign me up. If it's another COD clone then, well, no thanks.

10. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    What I mean is, you can be reckless and be hardly penalized for it. Everyone ends up scattered around not caring for anyone else.
    Take Battlefield (not to start a war, just an adequate example)- just blindly running around will probably get you killed pretty fast, although it wouldn't be impossible.

I suppose it's a turn a lot of multiplayer FPS games are taking- less reliant on your team and more so on individual performance which I personally dislike.