Got to last few steps of A9LH guide, need help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Insidious611, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Insidious611
    OP

Insidious611 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm on the step where you restore emuNAND_original.bin to your sysNAND (with keep a9lh), and it seems to have frozen. It's just sitting on 0%.

I tried to join the IRC channel mentioned in the walkthrough but I couldn't figure out the quiz and I'm like, freaking out too much to figure out how to google the answers right now (I know, I know).

What do I do? Is it safe to shut my 3DS off? Should I just leave it on this screen?

2. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Your card may be a bit slow, just give it some more time. Has it started since your post?

3. Insidious611
    OP

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    Nope. It's been like... Well, at least 5 minutes. Probably a lot more.

Also I've restored my sysNAND before and it's never taken this long just to get off 0%

I thought I'd pulled this off just fine and now I'm worried I've bricked my 2DS :(

Last edited by Insidious611, Apr 18, 2016
  4. Insidious611
    OP

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    It's now been 30+ minutes and it's still at 0%. My batteries are going to run out eventually.

5. Insidious611
    OP

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    I ended up taking the risk, shutting it off, starting it back up into Decrypt9 (which worked), and starting the restore again (same file), and now it's working. Thanks anyways guys.

This is not advice to anyone else to do the same, but at this point my thought was basically just "Either I can have a panic attack over whether or not this is dead, or I can either know it's dead or get it working, and honestly bricking it would be better than panicking over not knowing."

It's working just fine now, A9LH and all.

Last edited by Insidious611, Apr 18, 2016
    bowser, Quantumcat and Hoppy like this.