Hacking Got Time To Help A Noob?

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK So I just modified my wii using Mauifrogs guide worked like a charm as far as I can tell. I'm not sure whether my Wii's drive has been "bastardized" as they say some are so I've decided to get a USB device of some sort like a stik or external hard drive. I've got some games I've yet to try I'm just wondering what all will I need to do to take these files and put them on the device? Is there anything special I neeed to do to the file? or do I need to download anything onto the pc? or do I need to put a program on the device or what? I'm thinking that all I need to do is just copy them to the device and thats it I'm good to go play but I'm prolly wrong. also how do I copy a disc to put on my back up device? Respect goes out to those who help me! Thx!

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can't just copy over the isos. what file system do you want to use on your usb device? if you want to use ntfs or fat32 you're going to have to convert your .ios files to .wbfs files. you can formant your drive to wbfs and use wbfs manager to load the isos to said drive. the positive about using an ntfs/fat32 drive is that you don't have to dedicate the drive or a partition exclusively for wii games as you would formatting your drive/partition to wbfs. either way will work with most if not all usb loaders.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use a wbfs formated drive/partition use wbfs manager. this will allow you to format your drive to wbfs and transfer your isos to the hdd. if you want to use a fat32/ntfs drive use wii backup file manager to convert the isos to .wbfs format and ad them to your drive. both programs should be available on filetrip.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read it thoroughly but still cant decide on which one to use the wbfs sounds easier but they reccomend the fat32 they say the wbfs tho isn't supposrted on any os and I dont know what that means but if it doesn't do the job why does any1 use it? as far as the fat32 way will the wii backup file manager do everything that the other would like be able to format the drive? with either manager will I need just the 1 thing or will I need multiple programs. I really just wanna have the best and easiest. Help me choose please cuz I just can't. Its gonna bug me I'll forever think I went the wrong way.

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really only want to use the device for games to so that part doesn't matter to me if that helps you in helping me choose.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've got a 1tb drive formatted to wbfs from my wii games but alot of people are going with a fat drove now a days. i've stuck with wbfs because it works just fine and i really don't spend the time converting all my games that are already on the drive to .wbfs

kingaking13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the post about fat vs wbfs I'll agree theres a lot of people seemed to go fat but there was enough people saying good things about the wbfs drive to make me feel pretty good with going that way. Plus if its working for you and your the one helping me out I'm gonna go with that it seems best. I might get another drive later on and try the other way but I'm just gonna go with the wbfs. So i just get the wbfs manager, format the drive, and transfer files thats it I'll be good to go???

Posts merged

And Smash I definitly wanna thank you for your help.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well the statement you cant play .iso files is wrong
you can play them on a ntfs formated drive without onversion, but its pointless to keep the games that big

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey kingaking13, use fat32, that's the best system you can use. Don't use ISOs, convert them to WBFS with Wii Backup Manager, that's the best way. The files will be automatically splitted to 4GB parts because of the fat32 4gb file limit, but the game speed is the same as on ntfs or wbfs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk