Got some Stickers for my 3DS and 3DS LL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by aeros, Jul 30, 2014.

1. aeros
    OP

aeros Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    Canada
    so recently trying out how to use Taobao, I bought some stickers for my 3ds's

[​IMG]

Dragon Quest Themed for the LL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and monster hunter themed for the original 3ds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

however, i am using a NYKO battery pack for the 3ds, so i cannot apply the back stickers
    [​IMG]

2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    I shouldn't have clicked on this post... :(

On the verge of buying a 3DS (XL/LL), not sure which. I love DQ and MH, and your 3DS looks so sexy with the sticker. Kinda don't like the XL/LL design after this thread and I've been planning to get the XL/LL specifically... Decisions, decisions...

3. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    They're amazing. Congrats!

4. aeros
    OP

aeros Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    Canada

Well, I got my LL from Japan (that is why i am specifically calling it the LL)

and my 3DS is a Canadian 3DS

I like the LL better because it is much more comfortable to hold, and I really enjoy the bigger screen

The 3DS while is much more portable....the battery life is less than satisfying

I carry a back pack all the time so I dont mind the size, thats why I play with my LL much more (especially recently games like pokemon and BD:Fts offers English even on Japanese carts)

As for stickers, there are tons to choose from on Taobao, alot of them replicates the look of special versions, though the cutting is not perfect....but hey, it only cost me about $4 each shipped

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I got some from Ebay half an year ago

Okami <3

Lycanroc likes this.
  6. aeros
    OP

aeros Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Yours have much nicer cutting:yaysp:

7. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    I hear you, thanks for the insights! It's much appreciated. :)

The reason I'm saying I'm getting a 3DS (XL/LL) is that I've yet to decide whether I want to import from Japan or not. I wouldn't have trouble finding games for either kind (local vs. import), but I'm just having a hard time deciding which I like better:

XL/LL obviously has the better ergonomics as far as screen quality and handling goes. However, I like the "blocky" design of the 3DS. There's also the fact that accessories are more readily available for the 3DS, not XL/LL. Attachments/grips, screen protectors, skins, etc.

8. Katana

Katana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2014
    United States
    They look nice. I have a question though, if you peel them off will they leave glue residue? I have never messed around with skins, stickers, and related things before.

9. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    If they're anything like the many hundreds of thousands of skins for other devices like phones, no, it won't leave glue residue! It's reminiscent to 3M tape that sticks well if left intact, but peels off without leaving marks easily. Also, should there be any glue residue on a regular plastic or polycarbonate surface, you can always use a very small dab of isopropyl alcohol to wipe it clean. Works wonders with keyboards as well if you want to get rid of oil residue from fingers.

Katana likes this.
  10. aeros
    OP

aeros Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    Canada
    nope, I tried to pull them off completely, no residue and still sticky as hell;)

Katana likes this.
  11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    am i the only one who thinks stickers/decals make it look cheap and tacky? :)

12. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Depends on the quality....I had a sweet looking Weed decal/sticker for my PSP 1001 looked sweet

That DQ one looks really nice hoping the new 3DS has some better customization

13. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Get the 3ds xl its so perfect in your hand, after using the xl I don't know if I would ever go back to the vanilla 3ds the hand clawing and screen sizes are a big no for me, but to each his own :grog:

Btw those stickers look amazing