Hacking Got some questions

Takora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I've been looking into flashcards lately and the R4 hs taken my eye. Of course, I have some questions about it before committing.. I'd appreciate it if I could get some help.

1. I read the review on this site, but it didnt say anything about Wifi Connection games. Do they work?
2. Are there any good ROM compatibility guides out there? I need to know if some of my games will work or not...
3. Is this MiniSD a good one to use Sandisk MiniSD 2gb, or should I just get the Kingston 1gb?
4. Is the card reader that comes with the R4 DS any good, or should I invest in a new one? If so, will anyone be good or are tehre certain brands I should go for?

Sorry if this is a lot to answer, lol
tongue.gif
Any and all help is appreciated.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought an R4. I have enjoyed it so far.

To answer:
1. Havent tried the wifi or local connections.
2. You can try http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page for a compatibility guide. Altough it seems to be down at the moment.
3. The R4 takes MICRO SD, not MINI SD. I would suggest Kingston (Japan). It seems to work the best.
4. The card reader has been known to kill a few cards. I would suggest a sandisk reader. Works great.

Hope this helped a lil bit. Hope you the best.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've been looking into flashcards lately and the R4 hs taken my eye. Of course, I have some questions about it before committing.. I'd appreciate it if I could get some help.

1. I read the review on this site, but it didnt say anything about Wifi Connection games. Do they work?
2. Are there any good ROM compatibility guides out there? I need to know if some of my games will work or not...
3. Is this MiniSD a good one to use Sandisk MiniSD 2gb, or should I just get the Kingston 1gb?
4. Is the card reader that comes with the R4 DS any good, or should I invest in a new one? If so, will anyone be good or are tehre certain brands I should go for?

Sorry if this is a lot to answer, lol
tongue.gif
Any and all help is appreciated.

1 and 2 ref. to this http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list
3. you want MicroSD not MiniSD
If you go Kingston, make sure you get one that says made in Japan (note model number on the microsd) Model
should say SD-C01G JAPAN Or get a Toshiba one, it too should be a Japanese one with same model number.
4. I would get a memcard reader. I got 12 in 1 memcard reader. The thing you want is a reader can support SD
since you will be placing the microSd in a SD adaptor.

rainiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
if you are getting the R4, it comes with the memory card reader, so u wldn't need to get a separate one.

as for 2gb microSD, it cost 3times the 1gb microSD (from where i'm at). it's entirely up to u, definitely it'll allow you to load in more games but it depends on whether u are willing to fork out extra cash for the sd card.

Seger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 plays as far as I know all the games.
You can check the microSD speeds at gbatemp wiki.
My cardreader works great, I think they started shiping a new kind of cardreader. So dont worry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: