Hacking Got PAL with wiikey 1.9g, will Brawl work perfect?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi guys,
About my Wii, I sent it today to the store, I had a bad chip so they replaced it to a working one, with 1.9g updated, and official stick of Wiikey, So now I have a genuine wiikey
biggrin.gif

Second thing, as a brawl waiting like all of us, I downloaded the DVD9 version, and I gonna burn it, but I know that I gonna get the duplicate channels problem, and I fear it can damage my wii without a fix, I mean,
If I finish the WHOLE update up to 100%, will it brick my wii? I remind you I have PAL Wii 3.1E with wiikey 1.9g
And another thing, when I'll want to use the NTSC-U version, that probabely will do duplicate channels as well, will it brick the wii in any way? Because it already has duplicate channels by another region? (JAP)
Because of that, I think what to do, waiting for NTSC-U Brawl and get NTSC-U duplicate channels or play the JAP version.
Please advice and answer the questions.

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
First, there's a trick to prevent duplicate channels and yet update... you update and stop the update at 15%, make another copy of the game but this time brickblocked. download the DVD5 for the update, so you won't waste 2 DL discs.

I have:

Wiikey 1.9g, PAL WII,
burned both dvd5 and dvd 9 on verbatim discs (one is verbatim dl + for dvd9) using image burn x2.4.
I had no errors at all, and if you have a green error, change reading disc to x3 using wiikey config disc.
It works perfectly
smile.gif

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I know the trick, I just afraid of it sooooo much, I don't know where exactly to turn it off, what to do if it doesn't load up (the wii) and all of this shit.
Because of that, I even agree to get duplicate channels if it will settle the chances of the MP trick without bricking the Wii.
But what scares me, is there any difference between Japanease duplicate channels to American duplicate channels?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know the trick, I just afraid of it sooooo much, I don't know where exactly to turn it off, what to do if it doesn't load up (the wii) and all of this shit.
Because of that, I even agree to get duplicate channels if it will settle the chances of the MP trick without bricking the Wii.
But what scares me, is there any difference between Japanease duplicate channels to American duplicate channels?
there was this guy on the forums the other day who had the update from mario galaxy, then updated brawl and got a semibrick. I'd go for the 15% trick it's 100% safe.
You turn the power off then the bar is at around 15% or so.

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

there was this guy on the forums the other day who had the update from mario galaxy, then updated brawl and got a semibrick. I'd go for the 15% trick it's 100% safe.
You turn the power off then the bar is at around 15% or so.

Yeah that's me. Apparently the Mario Galaxy update isn't the last one, so ALWAYS make sure you check for updates online first, before you play an other region game.

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can only get a semi brick when you have an old firmware!!

i updated yesterday my firmware in the wii setup so dont think if you have 3.1e it would be the newest there are still newer firmwares who are also named 3.1e

the guy who screwed his wii had an old firmware the one from smg!!its old now

i got duplicated channels from the 100%update but brawl works fine and everthing still works.

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just want to warn everybody: you're not safe when you played SMG. That's NOT the latest firmware. Even though that's also called 3.1, it's not the latest. So ALWAYS check for updates before you play a game from another region.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
OK guys I decided to do the dubble channels update, with the DVD9 update.
OK listen up, I tried updating via internet, and it said I have the latest version. The weird thing is I got a message from ninendo about an update, but there was no need of update when I tried.
So let's say I have the newest version, and I update the wii via brawl JAP and get duplicate channels, will I be able to update via the NTSC brawl without getting semi-brick or even a brick?
Please answer seriously.

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK listen up, I tried updating via internet, and it said I have the latest version. The weird thing is I got a message from ninendo about an update, but there was no need of update when I tried.
So let's say I have the newest version, and I update the wii via brawl JAP and get duplicate channels, will I be able to update via the NTSC brawl without getting semi-brick or even a brick?
Please answer seriously.

You probably can't update, because the Wii won't recognize a need for it, because you're already on 3.1. You'll have to wait on a game that carries a 3.2 update..

Apakarta

Trophies
XP
Country
who do i avoid to semi-brick my wii?

i have also heard that if u download the pal version of wii chess the update on the game will deleate ur dupe channels

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I check my NTCS Wii to see what firmware I have ??

I'm not sure if I have firmware 1.9g or what I Firmware I need on my USA Wii ??

Thanks elm

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can I check my NTCS Wii to see what firmware I have ??

I'm not sure if I have firmware 1.9g or what I Firmware I need on my USA Wii ??

Thanks elm

The 1.9g what you're talking about is the WiiKey firmware. To check your Wii firmware, just go into Wii Settings, and you can find it on the upper right of the screen.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Please answer seriously.

You probably can't update, because the Wii won't recognize a need for it, because you're already on 3.1. You'll have to wait on a game that carries a 3.2 update..
so you say it will be the best for me to wait and do the duplicate channels via NTSC-U version and not JAP?

MrGoogles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my wii is now semi brickes by this game i think the dvd wasnt burnt right what can i do now the settings dont work and all others channels although.

Other games still work and the disc channel is the only one which works. The Brawl copy dosnt work it loads loads and loads and nothing happens.

And have used the search and didnt find anything.

Can you please help me will the EUR patch fix my wii???

And sorry for my really bad english

MfG Googles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended