Homebrew Discussion Got Oldschool Runescape running on Nintendo Switch (RuneLite, Controller support, and keyboard)

Eggman54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got Runescape on switch and not crappy mobile if anyone wants to try it out I can make a guide.
heres a video sorry no sound my phone didn't pick it up

Reactions: Starhatred

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe this game is still around. I played this when I was 14 years old, back in 2001 when there were only 4 servers. 4 servers for the entire game. I'm 32 now. And I just tried logging in. My character still logs in. Wtf.

Reactions: mathew77

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that's super cool! I've been playing Runescape a ton over the past 6 months, so it's always cool to see it pop-up in unexpected places!

Last edited by ChaosEternal,

Eggman54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get it up and running on your Nintendo Switch(steamed from pc)

1. Setup Switchroot(Android) on your switch with the guide here. (Make sure you install the shield-ify.zip cause you'll be using Nvidia Games app. Your done on the switch side of things for now. (Make sure to install fix-joycon.zip as well or joycons won't work at all.)

2. On the PC side you'll need to get Geforce Experience to stream to your pc. (Need to make a Nvidia account to steam from more than your home network, maybe need it in general I'm not sure.)

3. Get Steam add RuneLite or whatever client you like to run OSRS your games library. (Make sure overlays on steam games is on for controller support to work)

4. Now back to your Nintendo Switch running Android open Nvidia Games go through setup to connect to the pc its simple(may need to be updated in Play Store.) after that open Steam game steam in Nvidia Games.

5. now just open RuneLite or whatever client and enjoy OSRS for Nintendo Switch

Notes: 1. To open keyboard swipe right at the top left corner of the screen and tap the keyboard icon.

2. if joycons don't work in general on the Android OS make sure they're connected in the bluetooth app (To pair use little button between SL and SR) or you didn't install fix-joycon.zip when setting up Switchroot.

3. To change cursor speed grab Gopher360 on your pc made by Tylemagne it'll work on your joycons.

Controls: A=Left Click X=Right Click LS= Mouse Cursor RS=Screen Zoom D-pad= Screen Rotate

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using switchroot, wouldn't it be better to use the android client for uniescape? then you wouldn't need to stream it from pc.

Eggman54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No controller support and looks like crap.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But yeah you could just download OSRS Mobile after installing Switchroot and take the joycons off and play.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't play OSRS but on RuneLite cause how trash the game renders on the original client and OSRS Mobile just eww.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To get it up and running on your Nintendo Switch(steamed from pc)

1. Setup Switchroot(Android) on your switch with the guide here. (Make sure you install the shield-ify.zip cause you'll be using Nvidia Games app. Your done on the switch side of things for now. (Make sure to install fix-joycon.zip as well or joycons won't work at all.)

2. On the PC side you'll need to get Geforce Experience to stream to your pc. (Need to make a Nvidia account to steam from more than your home network, maybe need it in general I'm not sure.)

3. Get Steam add RuneLite or whatever client you like to run OSRS your games library. (Make sure overlays on steam games is on for controller support to work)

4. Now back to your Nintendo Switch running Android open Nvidia Games go through setup to connect to the pc its simple(may need to be updated in Play Store.) after that open Steam game steam in Nvidia Games.

5. now just open RuneLite or whatever client and enjoy OSRS for Nintendo Switch

Notes: 1. To open keyboard swipe right at the top left corner of the screen and tap the keyboard icon.

2. if joycons don't work in general on the Android OS make sure they're connected in the bluetooth app (To pair use little button between SL and SR) or you didn't install fix-joycon.zip when setting up Switchroot.

3. To change cursor speed grab Gopher360 on your pc made by Tylemagne it'll work on your joycons.

Controls: A=Left Click X=Right Click LS= Mouse Cursor RS=Screen Zoom D-pad= Screen Rotate
Why don't you run it directly with Java on L4T Ubuntu? RS is such an old game it hardly needs the power of a PC.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.