Hacking Got offered a 9.0 N3DS XL... any advice please?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I could live with not playing online at all. Never did actually.

All I need is a one hundred percent future proof way that runs everything without getting locked out by some ap or whatever they throw at us. If that'd would work with sky, I'd get one right now, but it doesn't.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I could live with not playing online at all. Never did actually.

All I need is a one hundred percent future proof way that runs everything without getting locked out by some ap or whatever they throw at us. If that'd would work with sky, I'd get one right now, but it doesn't.
Welp then rxTools is for you good luck get that EU unit and you will be set after formatting and resetting everything like I described earlier, someone will have an eShop fix eventually or Emunand 9.6+ will get cracked it's just a waiting game for those who are less knowledgeable like us.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to this question really depends on your goals.

Are you in this to learn, gain technical knowledge and to have a fun project? Then buy the virgin one and have yourself a good experience learning.

If you are in this just to steal games and rip of Nintendo (or if you are an HONEST guy who just wants homebrew), then definitely buy the pre-modded one. It's definitely not worth the time if you just want to steal stuff.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to let you guys know,
Of course I didn't find a unit today in local shops. But what I found was that I personally find the XL way too huge. I know that chances to find a non XL are even lower but I will try, or will wait until an exploit or downgrade for my non XL 9.5 appears. That XL is just not for me.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you guys know,
Of course I didn't find a unit today in local shops. But what I found was that I personally find the XL way too huge. I know that chances to find a non XL are even lower but I will try, or will wait until an exploit or downgrade for my non XL 9.5 appears. That XL is just not for me.
The non xl are also in the list and are easier to find so long as its not a US unit.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well if you look here in Germany there are only XL with older firmware available... At least on first glance. I looked deeper into the matter and found what was described as a new and unused ambassador edition of the non XL n3ds. These were only available before the n3ds even launched and came with 9.0.0-20E. So it should still be on that firmware. I went for that one. Price was reasonable, cheaper than the XL described in OP anyway, well also it's a somewhat rare collector's item so I was okay with that. Will see if it really is on 9.0, if not just return it. But if it is... Expect the heckload of stupid noob questions from me.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hot Damn, it goes hither and tither.
First I cancelled out the idea of the Ambassador 3DS because 250€ was too much for me. But now I got one via bidding, that did not specifically state 9.0E but is new and unused and the seller also confirmed 9.0E. So that was the one to go with - 195€, that's perfectly fair. Sell off my current N3DS and that's about 60-70€ on top for a 9.0€ N3DS non-XL. Buying a Sky3DS+ for my current N3DS would have left me with more loss. So guess I'm getting into the CFW thing after all.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum