Hacking Got new 2dsxl today, hacked it, and now it's got black screens

TheDiceman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a problem hacking my 2ds xl. I got through the whole guide and everything seemed to be working. I deleted the dsiware game used to hack it to begin with and rebooted and the hack was still working. I then proceeded to play the original legend of Zelda I bought off the eshop, saved my progress and then put the system to sleep by closing the lid. Upon waking it up the thing was frozen. Home wouldn't work or anything else. I then tried the Rosalina key presses and Rosalina opened up fine and I rebooted it. All I get is a black screen on both screens now. I can get Rosalina to open up but nothing else happens. I've tried the reboot and power off options many times and the same thing happens, just black screens.

Anyone have any ideas?

TheDiceman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to try it without the sd card in, but i recently just got back from dinner and was going to see if it worked. Still got the black screens. While booting my computer up and coming here, dealing with kids, etc, I left it on by accident and after a couple minutes it actually booted to the home screen. I then used the power off menu, and then tried powering it back on and now it quickly boots into the home menu.... this is so odd, I'm glad its fixed, but I had tried rebooting it like 30 times earlier, but never waited minutes for it to boot since the times I had done it previously didnt take anywhere near this long.
Is this something that sometimes happens? Or did I just possibly hit some weird bug?
Also, was it ok that I deleted the dsiware game off my system and SD card used to originally hack it?

Thanks

PS Thanks for the quick replies guys, it made me feel a little better after the panic started that i may have screwed up my brand new device. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by TheDiceman,

MrLucariox

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I had this problem when i rebooted from Rosalina. A SysNAND restore(safe) solved my problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, I am too late lol

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem when i rebooted from Rosalina. A SysNAND restore(safe) solved my problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, I am too late lol

A @MrLucariox is never too early or too late. He is always on time. Lol.

Good to chime in anyhow. More info in helping others who'll run into this exact or similar issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1