Got my Supercard DS-One today, but having PSRAM error

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by granville, Sep 23, 2008.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I got my Supercard DS-one in the mail today and played it successfully for a few hours. Now I get the PSRAM error problem. I tried the steps in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXdm8Z4-1Y

No luck. I opened the thing up and stuck a piece of small cardboard between the sticker and the inner card. Assembled the thing back still no luck. I can't load games (except some homebrew).

Is there any way to fix this problem? I ordered from Dealextreme and don't want to deal with their return length.

2. granville
    OP

United States
    I no longer get the PSRAM error in self-test, but I still can't load DS roms.

3. granville
    OP

United States
    And update 3: I got my games to work (or at least the two I tried). I just toggled some patch settings and BAM! Works. I hate being a noob. So, until further problems, I'll keep to myself.

I'll stop talking to myself now. [​IMG]

4. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you just got it in the mail today why did you open it and try to fix it? Should have just contacted whoever sold it to you and asked for a new one, they should give you one since yours is malfunctioning.

I'm not sure if you can do that now since you opened it up, but I'm not sure how they'll be able to tell you opened it up. I would just return it for a new one if I were you, I did that with kickgaming and got another replaced within the week and it has been working for months.

When I got the PSRam error, sometimes it worked, then suddenly it would stop working, it did that for a couple days, I got fed up and returned it for a new one.

5. granville
    OP

United States
    The reason I chose not to send my Supercard back was that I have been without any games for about 2 months and waited more than 2 weeks (Dealextreme) to get my card. As it is, I could send it back, because there's just not way they could tell I opened it up (I took the paper back out). I just don't want to wait.

The card gives me the PSRAM error every time I take the microSD out and put it back in. But the thing that fixes the problem is squeezing the card slightly after you put the microSD back in! [​IMG]

So, I have had no issues so far using this technique. I just have to do this whenever I remove the microSD. I hope it holds up because I hate waiting so long if I can help it. It would take even longer to wait because I'd have to send to card BACK first. That might take up to a month to get my new one. Then I might get another defect.

EDIT: BTW, I just found a new technique on the Supercard forums on a way to fix this issue. Apparently, you are supposed to open the card and use a metal object to connect the poles of the battery for a second. This shorts it out temporarily. Note that I don't recommend this until more people do it and confirm that it works. I won't risk bricking my card unless my technique doesn't work any more.:

http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?t...;extra=page%3D1

6. joecrack57

Newcomer joecrack57 Member

United States
    dam i get the same prob and i got the and i just hav one day with the card [​IMG] DealExtreme is pissing me off making me spend 25 bucks for a defective piece of S$#@.

7. granville
    OP

United States
    Try squeezing the card lightly while the microSD it inside it. That always fixes it for me. I may be a noob at this, but I'd avoid shorting out the battery until more people test it to see if it really works.

8. joecrack57

United States
    i tried no luck [​IMG]

9. granville
    OP

United States
    You could also try the paper trick if you still don't wish to short out anything:

I tried this too, but it didn't help me. [​IMG]

Still, I'm starting to see some promise in the shorting fix. The SCDev site seems to endorse this method:

http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php/topic,14621.0.html

They know what they're talking about I suppose. I'd do it if nothing else works. The problem with me is that mine works if I squeeze it. I don't want to potentially break mine beyond repair if i can get it to work by squeezing it.

10. joecrack57

United States
    this is the error u get like shown in my pic:[​IMG]
    or this link to see it better:Better Pic
    and where did u buy urs?

11. granville
    OP

United States
    The same for me. It starts counting. But it stops at the letter G and gives the PSRAM error. The only advice I can give is that if nothing else has worked for you and you CANNOT play games, go ahead and try this shorting technique. Just be VERY careful.

In the safest case, try to return it. Or you could try shorting it out and then if it doesn't work, pretend you did nothing to it and still return it. Best of luck.

12. joecrack57

United States
    i dont know wat to do i already send an email to Dx telling them i want a new, wat do u think, you think i should open it and try it?

13. Vapourstreak

Member Vapourstreak GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    DONT OPEN IT. i dont think they will accept returns if you open it

14. granville
    OP

United States
    This issue has been resolved:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106713

The method was resolved by one of the developers and so far Joecrack57 and myself have tried this with success! [​IMG]

15. joecrack57

United States
    after 1 day of it working it gave me the same prob so i dont think is a permanent fix

16. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    permanent fix: sending it back for a new one.

Not sure if they take it once you've tampered with it though, they might thought since I dont think they'll be able to tell if you did anything.

17. joecrack57

United States
    i send it back and DX is gonna send me a new one [​IMG]