Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I just got my review sample today directly from the AceKard Team. They emailed me about it, I don't think I ever emailed them! W00t, I already did a review though, so I might just do a review on what changed between the Acekard 2 and Acekard 2.1

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I think they expect a second review, as they seem to be asking me for a second review, well justified though, the software changed massively, AKAIO is new, and the build is different, practically a whole new cart from when I initially tested it.
Alright then, maybe I will do a whole re-review. I need to start on my EDGE review from Dealwoot first though. I got it a week ago and just haven't had the time to do anything.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smiths said:
If you're reviewing the AK2.1 vs the original, they have key points they want mentioned.
PCB, power usage, i dunno...

My review was basically a rant saying AKAIO rocks and the card is unbeatable for its price.

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.ph...showtopic=30660
Smiths said:
50% of custom firmware support comes from an angry, drunk, sexiest man in America
Well, we live with it
grog.gif

Smiths
Amazing awesome custom firmware by the sexiest American there is
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they contacted me and asked me to review the sample i received (out side of gbatemp) for a project i'm doing. they are looking for reviews to help promote the kit. i think they took a larger hit on the ak2 than most of us realize. i mentioned to jph about doing a 2.1 review for gbatemp, but i honestly only have a few weeks before i have to leave on business. i'd love to see NeSchn or PharaohsVizier tackle it, if they have time.

i wouldn't feel right just mentioning the key points (as smiths pointed out) and not testing software, compatibility, features, build quality, etc. also i no longer have an old ak2 to compare it to.

if they get anything out of me it will be a smiths style rant published in my blog space.

-another world

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Although it seems they want to look over the review first. They probably REALLY want a high score... even though I already gave em high scores last time...
Yeah, they want to see the review first before it gets posted. I've been meaning to write mine for the last week, but I've been so busy studying for midterms. I'm going to try to write it up tonight.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they asked the same of me, which is why i probably won't write it. even if it is the best flash kit in the world, i don't like being asked for them to review it before i publish it as they have nothing to do with gbatemp. if they wanted something to be published on their homepage and they offered to pay me for it, then that would be a different story.

-another world

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree with you on that PharaohsVizier, I don't mind them taking a look at the review just in case I made a few mistakes. I wouldn't if they actually took out some negative aspects of the review.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmmm I actually try to send the reviews to the teams before I put them out. I think it is a good thing. I mean, of course, I wouldn't change it because they aren't happy with it or something, but I find it useful because first, they can correct any errors within the review. If I found something that didn't work, and it is supposed to work, they can tell me how to get it working or something. Second, it allows them to tell me if something will happen in the future. For example, if I was disappointed with the fact that this feature wasn't included, and they tell me it will come in the near future, I can wait for it, etc. Lastly, it gives them a final chance to fix some things before the review, if I remember right, there was a time I sent out a review, stating that something wasn't working, then they told me to wait for a few days, then it was fixed.

Anyways, that's how I feel. I never took it as them trying to correct it or anything, merely gives them a chance to see if they can fix anything in the review before it is out.

wasn't really looking at it from that perspective. thanks!

cheers,
-aw

acekard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's glad to see you guys get the samples.
We just want to make sure there is no missing test or feature list in the review so we hope we can see the review before it's posted. And it's OK if you do not want to do so. I know our English is not so good so there's some misunderstanding. We do not and never want any review will be written forcedly. All the key point we add in the email is some fact we want not be missed in the review.

Thank you all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"