Hardware got my new 3DS yesterday and.....

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just got my new 3DS last night and I noticed that after I stopped playing Zelda and I plugged it in to charge, that the top of the ds was very poorly painted in the light. Half of the top is shiny metallic blue while the other half is just shiny blue. Almost like the paint was dripped from it. Does anyone else have this on their 3DS?

Should I return it and swap it out for a new one? (A black one maybe?)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You mean that gradient from dark blue to lighter blue? Mine looks like that at least, like this picture:
Nintendo-3DS-Aqua-Blue-Final-Hardware.jpg

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top of both my Aqua 3DS and my friend's are uniformly painted, in what I guess qualifies as "metallic," but I wouldn't really call it that, personally. Sounds like a factory defect.

If it bothers you that much, see if you can get it replaced, but as long as the system is in good working order, I wouldn't bother, if I were you.

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not really a gradient. It looks more like the metallic paint didn't take well to half the ds. I mean ever since I've noticed its been kind of bothering me. I paid money for this I shouldn't have to settle for a poorly produced system. I'm just wondering if other people also have an unevenly painted aqua blue ds so I know if I should swap it for a black one or just another new blue one. If I have time ill try to upload some pics of it when I get home.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, Mine looks just like the one in the picture I posted. Do post pictures! But if you are annoyed about it, trade it in for another blue one, or a black one, whichever you think would suit you the best.
I've never heard of it before, so it's nothing common amongst the blue ones I think.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure what your point is without a picture, so upload one. However, they are supposed to have a gradient with the top part (when system is open) being darker colored than the lower piece. This goes for all system colors available currently.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have to say that its factory. Its was done by Nintendo so if you dont like it get a black one. Returning it to the store will do nothing because they are made that way.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Klightx15 said:
Its not really a gradient. It looks more like the metallic paint didn't take well to half the ds. I mean ever since I've noticed its been kind of bothering me. I paid money for this I shouldn't have to settle for a poorly produced system. I'm just wondering if other people also have an unevenly painted aqua blue ds so I know if I should swap it for a black one or just another new blue one. If I have time ill try to upload some pics of it when I get home.

It's normal dude. I have a cosmo black one and on the top screen when closed, you can see it fade to a lighter black. You're getting paranoid.

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0264.jpg

this is the only good picture i could get. you can see how part of the reflection looks clear while part is cloudy. now that i look at it more it looks like its been done on purpose, i havent seen it on my friends black 3ds though so i was kind of worried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol