Got my L, time to get drunk!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ShadowSoldier, Jan 29, 2013.

Jan 29, 2013
  1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I went for my L (Again, 3rd L) today. I passed. Pissed my dad off because I was up all night playing games and didn't sleep. I also don't study for them and always pass.

For people who are curious, on learners, you need to get 40 out of 50 right. You can have 10 wrong, but the 11th wrong and the test shuts down. You can skip each question up to 3 times before the test comes back to it, then you have to answer it. They also have on the test, 4 possible answers, with all of them sounding correct.

So who has gone for their learners and got it? Do you study for it or anything? Or do you get to crammed up and then can't remember everything?

:just little bit of fuck facts from today:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    That can't be real.
    Driving theory tests don't expect you to answer things such as "The driver isn't good enough" or "They're born with their driving skill".
    I got 27/30 on my test and didnt have to answer bs like that.

3. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I have mine. Easy. Drug and Alcohol course, and then the actual test. Passed first try. Never use it.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    based on the title of this post i thought you just got a blunt and you off to get your drink on.

-another world

Phoenix Goddess likes this.
  5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Silly rabbit, if it was that stupid I would have posted in the EoF

6. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Got my learners a few weeks back. It was simple. I love watching my dad get paranoid when he takes me for lessons in his brand new $43,000 car, it's priceless =)

7. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    People's driving skills stay the same
    People's driving skills change from day to day
    People's driving skills they're born that way

The "correct" answer doesn't even form a correct sentence O.o

8. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    A lot of questions don't...

9. Ethevion

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    Out of curiosity, what's a learners? From the comments my guess is a driving permit.

10. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Atleast in Australia, it's a driving permit you can get at the age of 16 to learn how to drive a car with a superviser in the passenger seat at all times.

Sagat likes this.
  11. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    When are blogs coming back?

12. DroRox

Member DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    I've gotten my learner's without a single study session 3 times. I just never go for my license 'cause driving suuuuuuucks.

13. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    I hate the GPL in BC. It's so annoying. The written test is so useless. You can just online mock exams over and over again. No need to study.

Why haven't you gone for your "N" yet?

14. Bobbyloujo

Member Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

United States
    Learners permit tests in America (at least in my state, anyway) are easy. I only missed one question one my first try IIRC. The actual driver's test is easy too. The hardest part is parallel parking, but after that it's a breeze. Luckily, I nailed the parallel parking and passed the test on my first try.

15. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    When is the same question going to stop being asked over and over and over and over and over and over...
    I've gone for it... twice? Or 3 times, can't remember. I failed each time. First time I did everything right, like no instant fail, but I was docked a lot for apparently not shoulder checking which is dumb because majority of the time, the tester was looking out the window not even at me or anything.

The other time I did everything right, perfect parallel, perfect parking, shoulder checking and everything, but I missed a school zone sign and that's an instant fail. Like I wasn't speeding through it, I was going 60 or something and it was a few moments after we passed the sign that he told me we're in the zone.

The last time though (school zone) I'm not taking too personal too though because I was taking my test in a town that I've never driven in before, so I didn't know the place at all, and had only gotten a few hours driving practice before the test. The towns here where they are, they're all so busy like a 5 way intersection, like these are big cities. So I went into town where my sister lives and tried it there. I felt a lot better but like I said, one thing was the school zone sign.

16. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Hopefully soon. I'm kinda tired of seeing blogs in GOTC.

wrettcaughn likes this.
  17. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Those questions are really weird...Here in Ontario, licenses work like this: You first get a G1, then a G2, and then a full G. G1 you need a licensed G driver with 4 years driving experience in the passenger. G2 you can drive on your own, with a couple restrictions, and G no restricitons. G1 is just 2 tests each out of 20. One is a test that has questions about rules of the road, nothing like the two you posted. The second is signs and ehat they mean. The first time I went for my G1 I failed because I didn't study at all...So I studied up and passed. The G2, you have to do a road test. You (generally) practice parallel parking, hillside stops, three point turns, and they make sure you're following rules correctly. I practiced a lot for that. It seemed kind of pointless. The test was simple. I don't have my G yet, but I'm pretty sure you just have to do more driving maneuvers than the G2.

18. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Sounds like the exact same system, just with different name.
    L = G1
    N = G2
    and then a full license.

EDIT: that's what BC calls it. Dunno what other provinces.