Got my Ipredator VPN invite... Spoiler below

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ften, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009
  1. ften
    OP

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    I got my Pirate Bay Ipredator VPN invite today. I was quite excited to check it out, as I'm a long time Relakks.com user and was interested in seeing what Pirate Bay had to offer. Well I can report there is nothing different between the two sites, besides the words Relakks changed to Ipredator and a different color scheme. The Ipredator site is a exact copy of Relakks and for the people who think they are going to offer more security by keeping no logs, their security measure seem to be the exact same as Relakks according to the security page, see below. I like Relakks and it has always served my purpose fine, I just think it's a little disingenuous to have claimed Ipredator is anything different then Relakks. Oh well, guess I won't be switching to Ipredator.

Screen shot of the security page;
    [​IMG]

-FTen

2. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Hmmm... very 1337 84kz0r, huh?

What's its purpose? Not to be fined with p2p programs? Also, how do you hire its services? You're not from Sweden, eller hur?

3. ften
    OP

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    Basically Relakks creates a VPN tunnel to Sweden, where you are assigned a random IP address. When accessing anything over the Internet you are recognized by this IP address and not your own, thus preventing you from getting warning letters from your ISP and potentially allowing you to view content that is blocked in your country.
    No I'm not from Sweden.

-FTen