Got my first speeding ticket....

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was driving back from my college, as I have a 4-hour class that ends at 10:00 PM, and I got pulled over for the very first time. I was cited for going 83 in a 65 MPH zone, and I was on the leftmost lane. I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going though, as I was tired as hell. Needless to say, those lights on the cop's car perked me right up. There goes $120 toward the 3DS....

Honestly, I feel like I'm gonna puke. Not so much for getting the ticket, but for how my parents will react and the possible rise in insurance, since the car is under my father's name. And he's in California, so that makes this SOOO much better. My mom doesn't even know yet, as she was asleep when I arrived home.

I've already paid for the ticket, and according to county law, it'll get removed off my record like it never happened if I don't get another one within 12 months (I intend to NEVER get another one), but that doesn't really help my current situation with my parents. And my dad will kick my ass, I'm sure....

I can't stop shaking over it.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nicely done.
But it could be worse. My sister was in a similar situation (heading back to college) got caught in a little town doing 25 over the speed limit and lost her license for a year.
not only that, but she had to go back to the podunk little town to show up in court over the ordeal.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess I was lucky, last week on my way home from college I was going 60mph in a 40mph zone, flew by a cop, he didn't do a thing, which I believe is because the cars with me were going similar speeds. also, last week which I should not have done was go 90 in a 50 zone, because I was late for work
dry.gif

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
demonicstrife said:
I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going though, as I was tired as hell.
I hope you didn't cite this to the cop (or your parents) as a reason to be driving too fast.
A responsible driver doesn't sit behind the wheel being "tired as hell", you're lucky you didn't fall asleep.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal to have a car in America at your age? Even if you are still going to school?

In the Netherlands it´s pretty expensive to have one and a lot of people who still go to school can´t afford it or don´t need it, because if you are a student in the Netherlands you get free train tickets. (The train seriously sucks though..)

Anyway, never drive too fast. If you go like 20mph too fast it can get pretty dangerous and you could lose your license, it's just not worth it.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why were you driving too fast? Like Perkele said, a bad reason
tongue.gif
. By the way Perkele, is it still true you guys have to take a lesson on a racetrack and do a traction course?

The only times I drive too fast is when everyone around me is driving (much) too fast and it's busy on the road. In that case it's not because I want to drive faster then the allowed speed limit but because I deem it safer then driving with a say 25kmp/h difference. When it's not that busy I simply slow down and drive the maximum allowed speed, everyone behind me will just have to live with the fact that there is a speed limit and we all signed off on that when we decided to get our license.

Besides it never really speeds you up a lot, aside from when driving on the autobahn where you have no speed limit at which point it can indeed be faster and safer! People also tend to take that into account when they are driving there which allows you to keep driving. Generally though when I'm driving over there with say 135kmp/h I get overtaken most of the time
tongue.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$120 for speeding?

\/ rant
I recently got a $150 or so ticket for not wearing a damn seatbelt.
I don't even wanna know what speeding would cost.

I'm amazed my buddy hasn't got a ticket. He's a speed freak.
If he isn't double the speed limit, he ain't happy. Considering he's been driving for several months, it really is surprising no cop has pulled him over, haha.
Actually, considering how terrible the police are in my town, it isn't THAT surprising.
They'll sit on a corner and stop randoms looking for seatbelts, but going 120 in a school zone? too much fucking effort I imagine.

ANYWAYS enough ranting on my part.

At least, like Geminisama said (though a little dramatic), it could have been worse. At least it was just sort of a slap in the face to wake you up, lol. Bet you won't get caught speeding like that again.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be glad you got pulled over for something that was actually legitimate.

I've been hearing lots of stories around where I live lately that say cops are now pulling people over and making up offenses to write tickets for.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand how you feel about telling your parents this but at least you got a ticket...One time I was speeding around a curve and let's just say I ended up doing a 180 to the other side of the road. Lucky no one was on the other side of the road and I didn't hit anyone and no one was hurt (my best friend and her brother was in the car). At the time I would have preferred a ticket

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Z.Z atleast you didn't wreck. I am still pissed at that bus driver for making that unsafe left turn. Then the story was that I was trying to find the creme filling.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's crazy!
It's really a rush
smile.gif

Next time leave your wallet in the glove box. When you get pulled over, keep both hands on the wheel and remain calm. Let the officer know that your wallet is in the glove box and for precautions, you decided to warn him/her that you need to reach over to get it. They will see your act of responsibility and it will affect their
decision one way or another to actually write the ticket
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I have 2 of those. But none output 120