Gaming Got my 3DS today! I have some questions.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it in the mail today from Amazon. And I love everything about it! I haven't got any headaches from the 3D all the way up like I thought I would. I want to know how to retrieve my friend code though. I don't have any games for it so I was wonder if I have to have a WiFi game to see my friend code or not?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you are connected to the internet, then make a mii using the Mii Maker. After that click on the small orange happy face at the top of the bottom screen, its the friend's list. U should see urself as online and ur FC is there too

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iggloovortex said:
cock-a-doodle-doo
idk.
if you havent got headaches that means when you wake up or go to sleep you will feel shit headed.
What?....

Or maybe he just doesn't get headaches from the 3D at all...

I have played around ten hours of gaming with the 3D in the last three days and felt absolutely nothing...

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
awssk8er said:
iggloovortex said:
cock-a-doodle-doo
idk.
if you havent got headaches that means when you wake up or go to sleep you will feel shit headed.
What?....

Or maybe he just doesn't get headaches from the 3D at all...

I have played around ten hours of gaming with the 3D in the last three days and felt absolutely nothing...
agreed. I've even played the 3DS while i was feeling tired and drowsy, just to see if it effects the eyes in a bad way or gives a headache, and i can verify that it has no negative affect.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason so many people think that this thing is a headache machine is cause of the vocal minority. The people with problems are talking non stop about it and the people not having problems are too busy enjoying the awesomeness to say anything. That's why you see so much more woe and doom than praise.

Excuse me... the awesomeness is calling me back, I have an afro in Face Raiders to pwn.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will admit I get headaches with the 3d control all the way up... The main thing people misunderstand is that they think the 3d all the way up makes it MORE 3d when really all it does is create more seperation between the two images (okay okay... yes that's kind of more 3d, but it's not necessarily natural 3d and it can end up being harmful to your eyes).

You really should just have it where it's comfortable, just a little below the half way mark is perfect for me. Absolutely no strain on my eyes and a very nice and noticable effect.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
I will admit I get headaches with the 3d control all the way up... The main thing people misunderstand is that they think the 3d all the way up makes it MORE 3d when really all it does is create more seperation between the two images (okay okay... yes that's kind of more 3d, but it's not necessarily natural 3d and it can end up being harmful to your eyes).

You really should just have it where it's comfortable, just a little below the half way mark is perfect for me. Absolutely no strain on my eyes and a very nice and noticable effect.
That's what I thought! I was messing with the slider though and I can hardly tell the difference between all the way up and in the middle. So I'll keep mine in the middle just to conserve battery.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Make sure you are connected to the internet, then make a mii using the Mii Maker. After that click on the small orange happy face at the top of the bottom screen, its the friend's list. U should see urself as online and ur FC is there too
Thanks a lot! I coulda sworn I already clicked on the little face but I guess I didn't.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
SuperTrever said:
koji2009 said:

That's what I thought! I was messing with the slider though and I can hardly tell the difference between all the way up and in the middle. So I'll keep mine in the middle just to conserve battery.
Just FYI, the position of the 3D slider doesn't have any impact on battery usage unless it's all the way down where it turns 3D off. It doesn't take any more battery power to render the second image closer or farther from the first.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
SuperTrever said:
koji2009 said:

Just FYI, the position of the 3D slider doesn't have any impact on battery usage unless it's all the way down where it turns 3D off. It doesn't take any more battery power to render the second image closer or farther from the first.
Lol all this time I thought I was saving battery. I guess full 3D it is then!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.