Hardware Got my 3DS back from Nintendo Repair

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so after about 1 week I got my 3DS back from repair. I open it up and something new, u actually hear a loud snap when u open it up (was not there before). And it is actually MORE WOBBLIER! Then before. Godammit Nintendo, they made my 3ds worse then before. What should I do now?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And Ninty wonders why the 3DS isn't selling as well as they hoped.
rolleyes.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are meant to be fixing the top screen for me, I do have a slight wobble on the hinge too. Hope they don't make it worse. =/

You could try calling their support and say it's worser now than before when it was sent off. ;P

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I called them, and they said I was replaced with a BRAND NEW 3ds system. And it is suppose to snap in place with a slight wobble. Is that regular?

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It was made wobbly on purpose, to limit strain on the hinge. Some minimal wobbliness is normal but nothing over the top though.
DS lite cracked because it had too much strain on the hinge.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Masterpaul said:
It was made wobbly on purpose, to limit strain on the hinge. Some minimal wobbliness is normal but nothing over the top though.
DS lite cracked because it cause to much strain on the hinge.

That is what Nintendo told me when I called them. My DS Lite is actually perfect with no wobble at all, 100% secure

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
haddad said:
Masterpaul said:
DS lite cracked because it cause to much strain on the hinge.

That is what Nintendo told me when I called them. My DS Lite is actually perfect with no wobble at all, 100% secure

However some people had there hinges cracked, so it must had been a large amount for Ninty to consider it while designing the 3DS.

So to all those People who are waiting for 3DS lite it will too have have a slightly wobbly hinge.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naved.islam14 said:
Dangy said:
It's official. I'm waiting for the Ocarina of Time 3D.

If you're waiting for a lite or XL version Nintendo has already said you've got at least 3 years for that. I'm just waiting for the first great game to buy my 3DS (OOT). A little wobble doesn't bother me, my dsi has a slight wobble. I'm more concerned about the bottom raised screen scratching the top screen, I've heard this isn't a problem for everyone, but it is for a few, hoping I wont be in the few.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
duffmmann said:
If you're waiting for a lite or XL version Nintendo has already said you've got at least 3 years for that. I'm just waiting for the first great game to buy my 3DS (OOT). A little wobble doesn't bother me, my dsi has a slight wobble. I'm more concerned about the bottom raised screen scratching the top screen, I've heard this isn't a problem for everyone, but it is for a few, hoping I wont be in the few.

All I got was that the screen sometimes leaves a dirt mark on the screen, which easily comes off with a towel.

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying, people are blowing this SO FAR out of proportion, it's ridiculous.
dry.gif

Yes, having a wobbly hinge is annoying for some, depending on how wobbly, but by no means does this:
  • ruin the system.
  • make games unplayable.
  • make Nintendo bad designers.
  • warrant hostility towards anyone or anything, including Nintendo.
  • mean they will change the design in future revisions.

Stop making mountains out of molehills.
I agree with you, it's just not nearly as bad as you make it out to be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.