Hacking Got me Gateway yesterday, did some things, it's working great!

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hay everyone,
i got my gateway that i ordered from playmods co uk yesterday,
it was shipped 3 weeks ago on the 2nd, but was late due to easter holidays and the local post office delivering only once every week :(.
thought i lost my package, but got it yesterday :)

anyways, i tested it out yesterday on my 2DS sys 7.1 and added some games to my red card, made emunand 7.1, unlinked sys - emu for cia's etc.

updated emu to 9.0E via Cia, it worked great,
some bias had already been installed so sometimes the message:
"Program already exists
Installation canceled" appeared, but np.

i installed some themes, but 9.0 doesn't have the suffle option, i think 9.2E has that for themes?

also when i "reformatted emunand" to install emu 9.0 via cia, i first backed up sd stuff and then emu part with emu tool 1.3. when i injected emunand to SD, the programs that i installed to emunand on home menu weren't there after reformat?
does emunand tool make a backup of the entire emunand with installed programs that are on the home menu?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand tool only makes a backup of the I allocated partition. You need need to copy the the Nintendo 3ds folders back to the mSD card. If you did that I am not sure what the problem is.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Emunand tool only makes a backup of the I allocated partition. You need need to copy the the Nintendo 3ds folders back to the mSD card. If you did that I am not sure what the problem is.

actually, i emunand tool'd my emu part then i backuped up my saves and everytinhg else in my sd card,
once my emunand reformat was done, injected my backup emunand to emunand part and copied the sd stuff back to my sd card,

um, maybe bacuse i already had an sd card backup on my pc and copying the new stuff from my sd to pc i think some folders etc, it asked about merging them together.

maybe because some stuff in the sd card got merged that deleted the installed pograms?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i emunand tool'd my emu part then i backuped up my saves and everytinhg else in my sd card,
once my emunand reformat was done, injected my backup emunand to emunand part and copied the sd stuff back to my sd card,

um, maybe bacuse i already had an sd card backup on my pc and copying the new stuff from my sd to pc i think some folders etc, it asked about merging them together.

maybe because some stuff in the sd card got merged that deleted the installed pograms?
To be honest I have gotten confused on the whole thing. When you format either sysnand or emu and a new randomletterandnumber folder is created do the contents of the old folder need to be copied into the new folder after injecting emunand. Like you I have not had complete success. It is an issue I would like to explore further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol