Got me a black DSlite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rezen, Sep 10, 2006.

Sep 10, 2006

Got me a black DSlite by rezen at 1:16 PM (1,383 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. rezen
    OP

Member rezen GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Man, I am loving my new DSlite [​IMG] Popped in Castlevania and Mario Kart and they look so sexy!!! I love it!

Damn the glossy paint though! It looks like crap already thanks to the millions of smudge marks and dust around my room [​IMG]

How do you keep your DSlite so clean and what case do you guys recommend?? I was thinking of just getting a sock for it rather than a case?

2. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    sock is too troublesome when i used it. I use a leather case. I also use the fabric that came with my glasses to clean it. I don't notice any smudges on my white DS unless i look at it really hard lol. too bad for black.

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    does a black lite land you chicks or dicks ?

4. pika3000

Member pika3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think the sock is a bad idea as it'll probably push in the L and R buttons, many say its bad to even put it in your pocket.

5. rezen
    OP

Member rezen GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hmmm, what cases do you recommend then??

I want it to just keep the DSlite in really... So not too big!

6. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wha, the black Lites are painted? You've got to be kidding me... Anyway about getting a case, I have one of the white clothy ones (from GameStop) to protect my DS from dust, dirt, and scratches (don't need protection since I won't be dropping mine and stuff). The Lite will fit in very nice and you can fit it into your pockets, no pressure to the trigger buttons either. Just be sure if you can find one like that, try getting a black ones so you don't risk parts of your DS turning into other colors.

7. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
  8. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I use the Hori Cleaning Cloth to get it clean from dust, fingerprints etc. I think it's a bit softer than the ones for cleaning glasses.
    The cases i can recommend are the Hori Multi Pouch or the Hori Compact Pouch. It just depends on how much space you'll need for extra stuff like games etc.

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Don't be so quick to rule out socks; if you chuck the DS in the bottom of a bag all the time then yes you'll need to look for something else; the lack of padding means socks are not good for shock protection, and like that other guy said the L/R butons can take a hammering.

However socks are great if you mostly just use the console at home (okay, so I'm using an old GBA in a DS Lite sock but it's the same principle). I use my console daily so tend to leave it laying around out in my room rather than bothering to pack it away every day, and just slipping it into a sock is a brilliant 2-second solution for a lazy person to keep dust off. It doesn't bulk up the size of the console and is dead quick to get the console out of. So I have 2 cases; a sock for daily use and a larger, padded one to pack it for travelling. I don't think the colour of the sock will affect the DS at all; Game do stock black ones but only sell that colour as part of a small accessory pack.