Got Haxchi and Mocha CFW working, can I now remove...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by markmcrobie, Feb 17, 2017.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    My Haxhi boots Mocha CFW automatically and it works fine - my HBL channel, my out of region USB games, etc, all work great once booted into Mocha.

Previously my Haxchi autoran sigpatcher2sysmenu and I had fw.img on root of SD. I also have an app called cfwbooter in my apps folder.

My question is can I now get rid of cfwbooter, fw.img and sigpatcher2sysmenu now that all seems to be working with Haxchi/Mocha combo?

Thanks!

2. nekojosh

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    if you have setup rednand or are using sysNAND CFW and are no longer running the nand from the fw.img then yes, you should be ok removing them from the SD.

3. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I don't have redNAND, and I assume I'm using sysNAND CFW by setting Haxchi to boot Mocha by default?

Is there any way to know Mocha is running after the splash screen/icon?

4. nekojosh

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    If you see the splash screen, you are running Mocha.
    If you didn't setup rednand and are booting Mocha then, yes, you are using sysNAND CFW

5. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Yeah but is there any way to tell AFTER the splash screen? Like say I walk into the room and Wii U is already on - any way to tell?

6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    if you have haxchi you don't need mocha as haxchi has a cfw built into it that does everything mocha does. What you are basically doing is loading a cfw to load a cfw IE haxchi the mocha which is pointless. To see if haxchi is running goto wiiu system settings if haxchi is loaded the firmware version will show as 99.99.99 instead of 5.5.1

Last edited by Marko76, Feb 17, 2017
  7. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    So what should I have Haxchi set to boot as default? I thought Haxchi was just a way of booting an .elf file?

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    No it is also a cfw in the haxchi.cfg file you set default to sysmenu

Last edited by Marko76, Feb 17, 2017
  9. nekojosh

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    Yes, if you boot System Menu from Haxchi by default it will be booted with sigpatches and will show version 99.99.99 on System Settings as stated by @Marko76

Marko76 likes this.