Gaming Got experienceplaying PSP on the PC?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I tried doing it about 2 or 3 months ago, but the results where horrible... After I had installed all the drivers and everything, I could see my PSP menu just fine, but it moved as if it where WAY under-clocked... It was very, very slow. Also, when I went to run a game, it just showed a black screen on the PC but it was running fine on the PSP. Has anyone gotten it to work full-speed? Does it look good fullscreen in the computer?

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
I got it to work, with the new PSPJoy Lite (I believe it's v1.8). It's fast, real fast, I just can't get it to play games, (crashes on savegame loading).
I can't remember the link, but I'm sure a google search will do.

Full screen is good, but it is a little pixelated (stretched Aspect Ratio).
IMO, it's fine.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same here it was LAGGY as hell on the PC yet fine on the PSP ...and I have a pretty decent spec PC too ... but removed it in the end it wouldn't let some PSP games exit using the HOME button so had to turn it off using the power switch and a couple I had to remove the battery to play something else
frown.gif

It kinda defeats the object of a portable console anyway being tethered to the pc!

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, Start up remotejoy lite AFTER the game loads, especially if its an ISO/CSO. I believe it is meant for 4.XX not 5.XX so on 5.XX it won't run as well. Second, It's your COMPUTER (or usb cable/port) that is the problem for most of the speed issues! My comp is pretty fast and i can play at 30 or so FPS while recording! Also Remote joy HATES anything that has do with accessing the memory card! so try and use it after you need to load your save. (though for some reason ISO,CSO's run fine
blink.gif
)
The full screen looks O.K. the pixels are very stretched, it looks like when you plug your psp 2000 into an HDTV but without the GIANT black bars..
Hope that helped
biggrin.gif
(sorry if I came across as an know-it-all
frown.gif
)

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just set this up last night with RemoteJoyLite 0.19 on my phat 5.00 m33 psp.
The only thing that caught me off guard was the need to put an entry in both vsh.txt AND game.txt files in the seplugins folder.

Had no problems playing Loco Roco 2 .iso on screen. No slowdowns even when I was accessing the card for saving.
I also had no problems launching the game whilst RemoteJoyLite was running on the PC. Went from XMB to in game fine.

So don't worry sconethief, you don't come across as a know it all
wink.gif

Perhaps you just need to update your software?

**edited to actual RemoteJoyLite version number**

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xtreme1 said:
are they planning on fixing the save issue
Are who planning on fixing what save issue and with what version are you having the problem?

I understand different games have performed differently with this app but if people want some advise it is helpful to explain the issue thoroughly.

The source is available to anyone who'd like to fix an issue too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person