Hardware Got component cable, best way to get surround sound?

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I just bought an official component cable. I connected it to my TV, and ran the 2 audio leads to a spare input on my amp (Sony HS-SS1200). I've set the amp to use Dolby Pro Logic II to give a pseudo-surround effect cos a) I have no idea if the Wii can do true Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1, b) even if it can I don't think it can be passed over the 2 white/red audio leads and c) the only spare digital input on my amp I have is the DVD Coax style one, which doesn't tie in with the Wii component cable.

My question is, based on the above, in the Wii settings, should I set Sound to Stereo or Surround?

Cheers

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markmcrobie said:
My question is, based on the above, in the Wii settings, should I set Sound to Stereo or Surround?

Cheers

If you're hooking up the audio from the Wii to an amp/receiver, set the audio to Stereo-let the amp decode the Dolby Pro Logic II. Your amp may even have different settings that may sound better, depending on your listening environment. My Yamaha has a surround setting Neo:6 Cinema that with my setup, sounds better than Pro Logic II.

When hooking up the audio to a TV, it's up to you to try different combinations of Wii-surround out/TV-Stereo or Wii-Stereo out/TV-fake surround, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: