Got "chip error" from updating mt-card to 1.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xman099, Mar 15, 2014.

1. xman099
    OP

xman099 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    I was updating the flashcart to 1.1 today. I put the flashcart back to 3DS after the updating. The build-in LED started to flash (1 second on, 1 second off) when I powered on 3DS (According to manual, it was 'chip error'). I still could enter mt card menu, but it said 'read card error' when I tried to select games.

I tried several micro SD cards and 3DS roms (with or without sav files), still no luck. Any idea?
    Thank you.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Fixed the formatting of your post, I hope you don't mind. Please use the eraser tool and avoid using custom fonts when posting, otherwise users of the dark theme may not be able to assist you.

It would seem that the flashing operation failed at some stage, perhaps re-flashing it would do the trick. I'm no expert on MT-Card though, so do wait for other users to post their recommendations.

3. xman099
    OP

xman099 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Foxi4 Thank you for the reply. I have no idea how to re-flash or reset the card. I tried to "update to 1.1" again, but the program said" the card was up to date".

4. vinhdt

vinhdt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I bought two MT-Cards from two different places and have no problem updating the cards. Perhaps try formatting the micro sd chip with MiniTool Partition Wizard or use "Format32 Format" utilities to reformat your micro sd chip. It's probably your micro sd chip error.

5. WarriorKalia

WarriorKalia Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2008
    United States
    You could also try popping the SD card into a card reader and disk checking it.