Homebrew Got bricked after updating luma3ds but jailbreak was unfinished

CarlaTheKnees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hacked my 3ds all by myself. I followed a tutorial video and I got it correctly but when I checked systems setting it showed VER instead of SYS so I got confused and opened eveything on my console including luma3ds updater. I closed my console and when I opened it, it got bricked. I panicked and deleted eveything in my sd card. After doing so, I searched how to reinstall deleted files and how to unbrick but in just showed me "an error has occured"

Can someone please help me?

Reactions: THYPLEX

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you also share what you used to install cfw? It seems to either be sd failure or you broke something on the nand (which I don't think you even need to do the gm9 steps to use freeshop if you are just trying to get free games)
If you followed a half-decent guide it made you make a nand backup, try to restore that.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can you also share what you used to install cfw? It seems to either be sd failure or you broke something on the nand (which I don't think you even need to do the gm9 steps to use freeshop if you are just trying to get free games)
If you followed a half-decent guide it made you make a nand backup, try to restore that.
That is assuming she didn't delete the NAND backup when she wiped her memory card...

Look, @CarlaTheKnees, try to tell us step by step what you did so we can know where you messed up exactly, because I doubt a video guide can be THAT bad...:/ Also, NEVER use video guides, always follow 3ds.guide, otherwise, you can't really complain if you bricked despite everyone warning you (or at least I hope there was some kind of warning on the video or a hint of 3ds.guide), it's being dumb and won't load for me to see for myself unfortunately.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a ds flashcard? If all else fails, that'll be your saving grace (you can order them for around 15 dollars online).

CarlaTheKnees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just followed the video but when he said it should say SYS mine was VER so i didn't update my 3ds thats why unfinished i tried to do it again and I accidentally opened luma3ds updater i turned off my console but when i came to turn it on again the blue light turns of and off i dont know what to do so i deleted everything in my sd card but nothing happened i watched a video on how to unbrick 3ds but my console said an error has occured

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the video but when he said it should say SYS mine was VER so i didn't update my 3ds thats why unfinished i tried to do it again and I accidentally opened luma3ds updater i turned off my console but when i came to turn it on again the blue light turns of and off i dont know what to do so i deleted everything in my sd card but nothing happened i watched a video on how to unbrick 3ds but my console said an error has occured
What tutorial did you use to get cfw (you have it if you have fbi etc on the home menu)

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico

this is the guide to install FreeShop, but which guide to you use to install CFW? We need to know, but anyway, make you sure that necessary files for your CFW are on your SDCard, then, first of all, try pressing Select while you boot up your system, if that worked, assuming you have a NAND backup, you are safe

Reactions: Craftyawesome

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my 3ds all by myself. I followed a tutorial video and I got it correctly but when I checked systems setting it showed VER instead of SYS so I got confused and opened eveything on my console including luma3ds updater. I closed my console and when I opened it, it got bricked. I panicked and deleted eveything in my sd card. After doing so, I searched how to reinstall deleted files and how to unbrick but in just showed me "an error has occured"

Can someone please help me?
never follow tutorial videos always follow 3ds.guide and i doubt its bricked try redownloading the luma 3ds boot.firm and placing it on the root of your sd replacing the one there

CarlaTheKnees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
never follow tutorial videos always follow 3ds.guide and i doubt its bricked try redownloading the luma 3ds boot.firm and placing it on the root of your sd replacing the one there
I did that already

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users