Hacking Question Got banned by installing trimmed .xci in ReiNX. What i can/can't do?

albertomorais05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i just got recently banned by installed trimmed .xci with my switch.
I would like to know what i can/can't do of important on a switch.
But my main question is if i can update my switch while banned.
Error 2124-4007 while trying to play online/go to a eshop.
Error 2181-4008 while trying to update a game.
I don't know if i have errors in updating my system because i am in 6.0.1 and it doesn't give errors when i check.
Thanks, Vasco
NOTE- First hacked my switch on 22/10/18

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't do just 1 thing. Play online games.
Every ban is a superban nowadays or will be one soon. Then you cannot do ANYTHING online-related to anything official. No game updates, no system updates, no eshop, no online gaming.
You'll have to acquire updates in nsp format from somewhere else from now on, and same for systemupdates. The latter you install with ChoiDujourNX.
Basically a minor inconvenience for pirating. Live with it.

pospam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to steal the thread... Quick one, if you get banned and cannot playerd online games, Dos that include Fortnite? Might be a stupid question, I know... thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to steal the thread... Quick one, if you get banned and cannot playerd online games, Dos that include Fortnite? Might be a stupid question, I know... thx
Any games that require the usage of online servers are restricted when banned.
another thing, if u have logged with ur main account, u probably lost all ur purchases
Accounts are very rarely banned. He can check if its banned by logging onto their website. And if its not banned, you can salvage it by linking the account to another console.

pospam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Accounts are very rarely banned. He can check if its banned by logging onto their website. And if its not banned, you can salvage it by linking the account to another console.
Thanks

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
But fortnite is not using Nintendo server?

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When you use a Nintendo Switch to connect to Fortnite's servers, the console has to go through Nintendo's servers first because of the way the console is designed.
I've actually been thinking about this... shouldn't this be something that a CFW should be able to bypass?
i.e. the Switch "asking for permission" from Nintendo's servers if it can use the internet

I mean, you should still be able to play online games that aren't using Nintendo's servers if a CFW could bypass that step, it's not like the Fortnite servers check the Switch TLS cert if it is banned...

I'd really like to ask a scene/CFW dev how viable this idea is.

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've actually been thinking about this... shouldn't this be something that a CFW should be able to bypass?
i.e. the Switch "asking for permission" from Nintendo's servers if it can use the internet

I mean, you should still be able to play online games that aren't using Nintendo's servers if a CFW could bypass that step, it's not like the Fortnite servers check the Switch TLS cert if it is banned...

I'd really like to ask a scene/CFW dev how viable this idea is.

I dont think that will ever work. The gameservers' authentication (and your account on them) are linked to your online Nintendo account

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I dont think that will ever work. The gameservers' authentication (and your account on them) are linked to your online Nintendo account
Tbh I don't really play Fortnite so I have no idea how the online for it on the Switch works.

I'm not banned either so it's not really applicable to me. I'm just curious about the possibility from an academic standpoint.

From what I understand from your post though, it seems you say that the unique login/session used by the gameserver is taken from your online Nintendo account?

Well, I'm guessing it depends on the implementation then... if they are checking some value for Nintendo's signature using N's public key, or checking directly with Nintendo's servers serverside, then yes, it's not doable.

But if they're just taking some unique identifier (i.e. like a unique account ID/GUID/UUID), taken from the Nintendo account details, and not something that's signed/validated with N's servers, it might be something that could be faked by CFW even with just a randomly generated value.

Last edited by bundat,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But if they're just taking some unique identifier (i.e. like a unique account ID/GUID/UUID), taken from the Nintendo account details, and not something that's signed/validated with N's servers, it might be something that could be faked by CFW even with just a randomly generated value.

Until they notice and put out a game update the prevents you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!