Got an o3ds xl, want to transfer my regular 3ds emunand to it, how should i do it?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rak, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Topic says it all but I will give a few more details. I got my hands on a o3ds xl and want to transfer everything from my regular 3ds to it.
    The regular 3ds has rxtools installed through the mset in 4.1 and a 9.9 emunand. The xl has an unknown firmware that is <9.2 (broken upper screen corner, new screen still on the mail). I tried swapping the sd card and running the browser exploit, rxtools booted, but emunand black screens.
    Is there a problem with the way I did things? Should I do some hacking steps on the xl that I have forgotten about? Perhaps an emunand created on a 3ds can not be used on another 3ds?
    Thanks for your patience.

2. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    Rak likes this.
  3. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Thanks a lot! I actually ended up transferring my saves using some homebrew and rolled with it, but I may use this later if/when I get a NEW 3ds XL. So it was still useful.
    Just one little question: If I get a NEW 3ds with 9.0 and hack it, what negatives does the fact I can't update the emunand pass 9.5 entails? Can I play online? Can I play the latest games?

Last edited by Rak, Nov 3, 2015
  4. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    Yep you can still play online, but accessing eShop or update requires update. For that you can just use FreeMultiPatcher to spoof firmware.

Rak likes this.
  5. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Cool. Thanks again!

6. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    If you need help with anything else then feel free to ask! :)