got an idea to fix efuses

Game_0ver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
what if we somehow freeze the switch making all the fuses deburn or if we somehow replace those fuses

replacing fuses in general isn't that hard so why havent anyone tested tha, we could down grade systems like switch light like that:lol::lol::gun:

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if we somehow freeze the switch making all the fuses deburn or if we somehow replace those fuses

replacing fuses in general isn't that hard so why havent anyone tested tha, we could down grade systems like switch light like that[emoji38][emoji38]:gun:
Good luck with the expensive equipment to replace the efuses

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

replacing fuses in general isn't that hard so why havent anyone tested tha, we could down grade systems like switch light like that:lol::lol::gun:
I don't think you understand how small these fuses are. Also you can't deburn them. You can't just downgrade a system without already having escalated privileges which in this case would defeat the point. I'd also take a guess that when we eventually do have cfw for lite switch's that they will brick if downgraded to a firmware earlier then the one's the switch lite initially released on.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also take a guess that when we eventually do have cfw for lite switch's that they will brick if downgraded to a firmware earlier then the one's the switch lite initially released on.
*if we eventually get CFW for Switch Lite

Eh, you could probably go down to 6.0.0 on a lite if you had a way of bypassing fuses.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*if we eventually get CFW for Switch Lite

Eh, you could probably go down to 6.0.0 on a lite if you had a way of bypassing fuses.
Have some faith in the community lol
and it's possible they didn't do that, but I'm just assuming they'd just do what they did for the n3ds/3ds models

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

replacing fuses in general isn't that hard so why havent anyone tested tha, we could down grade systems like switch light like that[emoji38][emoji38]:gun:

69eae0c2c435d26c9ab9512f7d8c8ee2.jpg

Last edited by Bergot,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have some faith in the community lol
and it's possible they didn't do that, but I'm just assuming they'd just do what they did for the n3ds/3ds models
Eh, I guess Scires did say a super janky form of CFW might be possible on 8.0.1. I wouldn’t bet on it happening though :P

I can confidently say that both Mariko systems would likely boot to some extent on 6.0.0. 5.1.0 and earlier would Bricc for sure though :shrek:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when someone just posts every idea they get without even the slightest bit of research.
If it seems easy and no one has done it yet, there is definitely a reason why. The switch fuses are not standard fuses. There's a bunch of them, all very microscopic, and afaik embedded into the SoC.
I'm honestly unsure if this is a troll at this point. But people always think they have a mindblowingly simple solution to things as though we wouldn't already be doing it if it were that easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: