Got ahold of a vita today

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lyze, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Lyze
    OP

Lyze Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    ..and i dunno what to do with it. Turned out to be a pretty great deal, SCH-1101 with a 64gb sd and gravity rush for 50$, but its on 3.68. I managed to follow along and hack a few of my 3ds but know nothing about vita. Am I better off setting it aside and waiting for a maybe permanent cfw or just figure it out now? Was told the vita is the best emulation handheld so would quite like to do that.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    At the moment there is no plan for permanent CFW for 3.68, there is a tethered method.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://vita.hacks.guide/

If you want to hack it you can follow this, 50 dollars for it is a really good deal.

Condarkness_XY and Lyze like this.
  3. Lyze
    OP

Lyze Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    If that's how it is then that's how it is, and will just have to deal with it. Just glad to have one at this point. will have to order a cord and get to it at some point then.

4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Its not that bad compared to coldboot. Its just one extra step once its setup.
    Turn on vita.
    Run h-encore.

Honestly, I like the ability of turning off cfw simply by rebooting. It actually saved me from having to do a factory reset when I screwed up my sd2vita setup the first time around.

MrEpicGamer and rommy667 like this.