Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am pretty happy since I finally got myself a 360.

Currently, I own CoD4, Halo 3 and ODST (came with a special edition controller
happy.gif
)

I am gonna start saving up for CoD5 (just to have it and for Nazi Zombies), CoD4: MW2 (if MW was decent, I just wanna get MW2 since it is a sequel) and Tales of Vesperia (Huge fan of Tales of Games!)

Now what else...?

To get list:
- CoD5
- CoD4: MW2
- Tales of Vesperia
- Gears of War 1 and 2?
- L4D 1 and 2?

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should steer away from l4d 1 and 2 on the xbox. The pc version is greatly superior with the ability to add custom maps as well as the new expansion being free on the PC. Also, l4d gets repetitive after awhile. The 5 campaigns can be completed relatively quickly and survival isn't as good as it is advertised as.

Unless you can get it for a steal, I'd advise spending the money on something. else

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the subscription card starts a subscription to the live service while the regular gold card just adds to an already existing subscription. That's my 2 cents.

Anyway, Call of Duty 4 is a lot better than 5. I don't play a whole lot of Xbox (since I don't own one), but I can definitely tell the difference. Other than those games, maybe GTA4?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well congrats on the new Xbox! I wish I had an elite, or at least a 120GB HD and I would also be willing to bet that any 360 out there is quieter than mine.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mhm... L4D, lulz. None of my friends own it except for 2 of em'. They don't even play it anymore xDD. I don't even like it
sleep.gif
, but I would be willing to rent it just so I can get some achievements. That's all ;P

@ Guild ~ That helped. So if my Live Expires on... The 1st of December. What should I ask for :wtf:. The Subscription or the Regular?

@ Cheating ~ Ahaha. Used to have a Pro, but exchanged for an Elite. I see nothing different, only color, so there is nothing to worry about there ;P. Personally, I wish they made an Elite that was White. I much prefer it... More... Neutral, but I guess when you are an Elite, you gotta stand out somehow.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cards are the same thing
just one comes sealed in plastic packaging pre activated

while the other has to be activated by the store, they are usually open like most gift cards

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Borderlands and Gears 2, great games.

Dont worry, you have a 3 year warranty on the 360 and also the RROD is SO easy to fix its unbelievable, i fixed mine with no prior knowledge of what the hell i was doing >_< and its working just like new! After i fixed the RROD about a month later it fell off my desk (about 4 feet off the ground) and when it hit the ground it got the RROD (happened to my friends but it was permanent, he had to ship it it) but when i powered it off and then back on, it still worked fine, no RROD :] so no worries man.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Joe ~ That's good xDD. You are always there to help me ;P

@ Translucent ~ I just had to laugh. But wow man xD. I've heard of Borderlands, but of course, my first priority is to get all the latest CoD games :3.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
people are always complaining about RROD but i mean really i sent mine off got it back in a week for free with new quieter fans and a free 1 month subscription to xbox live
smile.gif
plus the 360 has much better online and a wider choice of exclusives
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Fallout 3, assuming you don't have a good enough PC to run it on that.

Edit: Oh, and GTA IV.

Edit 2: Oh and Beautiful Katamari if you can find it cheap, I've heard it isn't as good as the earlier Katamari games though.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Why you like Xbox 360? Just return it because it may get some hardware problems like the Red Ring of Death. So I want to stay away for the Xbox 360.

Fan boy thoughts aside. They fixed red rings of death,now they got a new problem which is quite old news now,the E74. I broke my xbox because the E74,but it happened once I flashed it,I just bought a new xbox,its worth it in my opinion. Borderlands is kick ass by the way,and as someone said,L4D 1 or 2 suck on home consoles,PC dominates with custom maps.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Translucentbill said:
Dont worry, you have a 3 year warranty on the 360 and also the RROD is SO easy to fix its unbelievable, i fixed mine with no prior knowledge of what the hell i was doing >_< and its working just like new! After i fixed the RROD about a month later it fell off my desk (about 4 feet off the ground) and when it hit the ground it got the RROD (happened to my friends but it was permanent, he had to ship it it) but when i powered it off and then back on, it still worked fine, no RROD :] so no worries man.

If you've gotten a new Elite then you only get a 1 year warranty since Microsoft has "fixed" the RROD but they basically just renamed it to E74 error or something

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is a list of my favourite game:
- Mass Effect
- Orange Box
- Resident Evil 5
- Lost Odyssey
- Gears 2
- Borderlands
- Batman: Arkam Asylum
- Forza Motorsport 3

Any of these games are great and a couple a dirt cheap now. Definately go for Orange Box and Mass Effect.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Edit 2: Oh and Beautiful Katamari if you can find it cheap, I've heard it isn't as good as the earlier Katamari games though.
its a rental at best

can be beaten in a few hours and there not much else to do after that

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
IchigoSJ said:
I thought you had a gaming comp why would you get an xbox?
So do I, but games are a lot more fun to play on the Xbox due to the social features
This. I have one, but, it is more fun to play it socially against friends and since majority of my friends own one.

So right now... This is what I am wanting to get:
- CoD5: WaW, CoD4:MW2
- Tales of Vesperia
- Fall Out 3
- Gears of War 1 & 2

Those are for sure... The other games, I will check up on them x)

Now lets see... I also will need:
- 12 Month Live Card
- Component Cable/HDMI Cable (Component seems cheaper... And when I had a Pro, it looked nice. This plain old standard AV Cable is crap T_T. Wish they still bundled the HDMI + Component Cable with the Elite)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night