Got a wikey but after opening wii I'm not sure I've got the ri

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Forest0, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Ok so last may "the 11 of may" I bought a wii.. so about a month ago I said hey I think I'll install a mod chip I checked the http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php site and it said it was most likely a wii D2B pins not cut, well the pins aren't cut but it also says GC2-D1 706P75ca (so it's a G2C-d1?) so now I'm confused and not quite sure if I can install the wiikey.

P.S. please respond my wii's open on my lap.

2. Defiance

Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    Yes, your console has the right chipset. Your chipset is the one right below where you would solder the Wiikey.

3. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    thank you!, I'll install later and tell you if it works.

Also I was putting my wii back together and the philips head scews are all losses and don't go back in (the one on the case) is there a reason for this and how do I fix it?

oh and do I need to do the wire on point 3 install or can I just solder to all the points?

4. Kokorazashi

Kokorazashi GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    London
    Maybe you put the screws in the wrong place or maybe when you were opening it, you opened more than neccessary, I know I did because at the end of my chip installation, I had 3 loose screws, I still don't know what they were for but luckily my Wii hasn't come apart or blew up yet.

5. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    yeah, same for me in fact the hole thing fits together perfect it's only not screwing the philips heads in (all the one for the case the tri- work fine and seem to keep it together and it runs fine (I haven't installed the chip yet).

oh one thing do I need to do the D2B istall where I solder the wiikey inand for point 3 solder to the pin. like this http://www.wiikeyguide.com/images/WiiKey-I...Diagram-D2B.jpg

Point 3 seems to be there on mine.

6. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Bump.

Come on! I really need an answer!

7. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member