Android Got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it came in the mail yesterday, it's pretty neat. Here are some pictures below, thought I'd share
smile.gif

img20110616151725.jpg

img20110616151744.jpg

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know I can't figure out whats the difference between those and laptops. They don't have the same features as a laptop right? It's only like a phone but bigger and can do more?

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
oh nice, now make a phone call with it!
It has a phone number registered but can't make or receive calls as that's not it's purpose. It can however send and receive text messages.

FlashX007 said:
You know I can't figure out whats the difference between those and laptops. They don't have the same features as a laptop right? It's only like a phone but bigger and can do more?
I like the tablet because it's good for reading ebooks and looks nicer browsing the web and playing games and stuff. I plan on using it mostly on the go when I'm bored for example on the train ride to and from where I have to go. I would think the difference between it and a laptop is for those who want some functionality but not the full power of a laptop.

QUOTE(SifJar @ Jun 16 2011, 03:58 PM)
What browser is that on the tablet in the first picture?
It's called Dolphin Browser HD, a very nice browser for Android.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
JustChillin1414 said:
Looks cool, and probably costs a bunch more than an iPad
wink.gif
and yeah, it does kinda look like an iPhone 4 lol
Actually, it's considerably cheaper than the iPad (1 or 2). The highest I've seen one sell for is £280, with most being between £220 and £260, depending where you look. iPad 1 (16GB WiFi) sells at around the £320 mark, often more (with the high level of demand for them).

@Flash, tablets are a natural evolutionary path from laptops (specifically from netbooks and CULV laptops). Tablets are much more portable and the way you hold it allows devs to design innovative and intuitive apps for your needs. Laptops are just computers that are scaled and cut down to become portable enough for you to carry around and use anywhere where you can sit down. Laptops may be more powerful, but the software will always be the same as computers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ