Got a new gaming monitor, need calibration tips

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by the_randomizer, Jul 12, 2017.

1. the_randomizer
    OP

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Specifically, on sale at Best Buy, an HP Omen 25 for $220 flat, yes, it's a splurge, but given that this month is my birthday, I figured, why the hell not XD That being said, I need help getting the most out of this, making sure I have the color, gamma, contrast, etc, calibrated. Since this monitor either uses Display Port or HDMI (no DVI, thank goodness), the documentation for this isn't helpful. So I turn to you guys in hopes of finding out the best config possible :P

Currently, have the monitor set to 1 ms as by default, it's set to 7 ms (*shudder* XD), and 60 Hz because 144 Hz looks too weird for my eyes and when I use emulators.

Thanks ^_^

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Does it have an option for 120Hz? That might look a bit better to you

3. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It does, but I'm more concerned with the actual color palette and calibrating that to look the best it can, you know? Like the best way to make the greens, green, the reds, red, etc.

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I don't know about exact profiles, but Windows should have a gamma optimization wizard under the display settings

the_randomizer likes this.
  5. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I can give that a whirl, it looks better already, but I want to double check :P

TotalInsanity4 likes this.