got a nds for the kids for xmas and an r4 card, how do i make it work ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dennnny29, Dec 27, 2015.

1. dennnny29
    OP

dennnny29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
  2. Marco_Buns

Marco_Buns GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    I am getting a R4 soon, i have learned some of it and my knowledge you must have a micro sd card (of course)and a micro sd card adapter. Then you must download the firmware (i can't send any downloadable link). I have heard that R4 firmware doesn't look good like most other firmware's out there, so i would look for firmware which looks better then R4. When you found the firmware were you have been looking for, download it and extract the .nds into the micro sd card with the adapter. If you boot up the card in the 2DS i think it would boot up the firmware that you downloaded. You can find NDS roms just anywhere on the internet. That's everything that i know. Also if you have trouble looking for firmware's then you are always welcomed to ask anything here. I hope that i helped you. Have a nice day :)

Last edited by Marco_Buns, Dec 29, 2015
  3. dennnny29
    OP

dennnny29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    thanks marco.

ive got the basic idea. iv got all the gear, but the problem seems to be the firmware. iv had a nose about and there seems to be lots of it !

what im really hoping is someone can say this is the firmware you need for my ds / r4 card combination.

cheers

4. Marco_Buns

Aug 31, 2015
    And yeah i forgot to tell what kind of firmware you need. If your flashcard is R4 then i recommend going to the main site (could see that on the flashcard) and download the firmware there. But if you boot up and doesn't work then you must download a upgrade on the same site and extract it to the Micro SD. Still doesn't work then i think i can't help you with that :/. But if it would work then i hope your kids would have a wonderful time playing full of NDS games :)

5. dennnny29
    OP

dennnny29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    thanks marco. when i get 5 minutes peace and quiet later ill have a go then.

cheers mate :)

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    go to the website listed on the r4 packaging it will have fw dl links if it can use the wood fw then the website will be proud enough to tell you outright
    but on those kind of card its as simple as drag and drop

7. Marco_Buns

Aug 31, 2015
    I was reading the description of the product and i think it said that it would come with a wood firmware. I can't say if it said it can run it or already pre-installed

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    dude remove the website name from your post it is violates gbatemps rules

9. Marco_Buns

Aug 31, 2015
    Oh i am sorry. I didn't knew that and i have removed the site name